39th Verse

Fall of the Luminous Vocalist of Lux — Archer Melendez, the bright star in the night sky, was about to lose his light. After threatening and cursing the reporters in Narita Airport last month, the famous vocalist was caught on camera punching one of the media reporters in public yesterday. And his rumored son was also caught kicking the photographer. It looks like he got the violence of his father. And as the saying goes, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Poor boy.

The video circulated online and immediately got the attention of the netizens. The Luxors, Lux's fans, were concerned about the impact of the vocalist's behavior to the whole band. This wasn't the first time he exhibited violence because for the 5 past years, it was rumored that he was always engaging in bar fights while he was drunk. His management had already denied the rumors but considering the behavior he showed on the video, it wasn't impossible that those rumors are true.

Now, fans are gathering signatures online to petition for Archer Melendez to step down and leave Lux for good.

"Are they fucking serious?!" Collin snapped after reading the article online.

When I told him Jules, I and the kids were coming back to the Philippines for the groundbreaking ceremony of our future home, he immediately flew to Seoul to 'pick us up' with his private plane.

We just passed the immigration in Ninoy Aquino International Airport when he suddenly pulled me back to show me what he saw online.

Wala na rin namang bago. Patuloy lang sinisiraan ng media ang pangalan ko.

Ang kasalanan ko lang ay nagpdala ako sa galit. I was on a park yesterday with him, Calli and Chase when one of the paparazzi came closer to take pictures of Calli. My daughter cried in fear and fell down on the swing when she saw camera flashes around her yet the stupid piece of shit kept taking pictures of her. I immediately ran and pushed the fucker away.

I did not even throw punches. My only concern was my daughter. She just had her cast removed a few weeks ago, if she dislocated her wrist again because of that fall, she might need an open reduction.

Full of anger and annoyance, after checking the condition of my daughter's wrist I immediately picked her up to warn the photographer but when I turned around, I heard my son defending his sister.

"I hate you! You pushed Calli! I hate you! Don't come near her again or I'll tell Mommy you're a bad guy!" He said while kicking his little legs on the trimmed grass of the park.

I fucking hate how the media worked. They didn't know the whole story yet they were already assuming things without even getting our side of the story. My son wasn't a violent kid. He was only defending his sister. His tiny feet did not even reach the photographer.

The video circulating online did not catch the the whole context. It didn't also have an audio. And it was taken from afar.

I knew I shouldn't blame the people who chose to believe that short clip but I was disappointed at how fast they judge a person without knowing the whole story.

But that was how the media could manipulate the situation.

That's how they work.

"That's not true." I said, dismissing the article.

"Of course I know! I was with you yesterday buying the kids' ice cream when it happened! Bobo talaga nang nagsulat nito!" Naiinis na sabi niya.