36th Verse

I dreaded answering Denise's calls because I'd sworn I would stay out of trouble. But here I was, staring at my phone as her name flashed on my screen.

She was the scariest woman I've met, aside from Jules. If she wasn't my manager, I would've blocked her number already. But I couldn't do that. Because she's the person who's going to make the media's attention go away.

If we could still control it.

I received a lot of messages from my friends including my band mates and from Corbyn and Max. Vin was hysterical because he was also kept in the dark and he didn't know about the twins' existence. Lexi had never told him about it. My friends from showbiz also sent messages asking if the rumors were true. I didn't reply to anyone, though. I needed Denise's permission first.

I was sitting outside Jules' rooftop apartment on a bamboo platform during a cold busy morning.

"Hey." I said as I finally answered the call.

"Hoy! May usapan tayo 'di ba? Ang sabi ko magpahinga ka lang bakit nagkaroon ka na ng anak? Totoo ba? Are they really your children? What the hell, Archer!"

"Calm down, Den. Yes, they're my twins. Jules' and I's." I explained.

"Jules? Nagkita na kayo ulit?"

"Yeah. And apparently she ran away when she's pregnant with our child."

"Bakit daw?"

I shook my head and exhaled heavily. "We haven't talked about it yet."

"You should talk about it soon! I'm saying this as a friend, ha. But wait, kambal ang anak mo?"

I smiled. "Yeah."

"Damn. You really made sure she wouldn't be able to get away from you, huh?"

"I'd say yes to that but I also didn't know about it. They were a surprise."

"Teka sandali, let's catch up later as friends. Now I'm back as your manager. Why the hell did you post them online without consulting me or any of the team first? Pinagpi-piyestahan ka na naman dito sa Pinas!"

"I was caught in the moment and I did it without thinking. Nabasa ko rin 'yung ibang mga binabalita diyan. Can you do something about the vile comments about my kids and Jules, please?" I asked.

I had been reading comments about us and the 'people's thoughts' about the issue. Reading their comments made me sick.

I knew Jules saw the comments on instagram too. And I hated the fact that she had to experience that situation again. For the second time, I put her in a bad light again. Damn it.

But unlike before when I tried to protect her by admitting to Krista's and I's false relationship thinking that the media will stay out of her life, this time I wouldn't hide her from the people. I never intend to hide her. Not even when I lied publicly just so they would steer clear of her way.

Fuck them.

She's the mother of my children and my future wife. No one has the right to hurt her this way. She has had enough.

"Nagsisimula na 'yung team mag-trace ng mga comments kasi mostly gumagamit ng dummy accounts to spread hate. We're planning to sure them once we find out kung sino sino sila. Lalo na 'yung mga nagsesend ng death threats. We're also taking down posts and comments on Facebook pero dahil sobrang dami na, medyo matatagalan." She explained.

"I'm sorry for dragging the band again."

"I won't say it's okay because we both know it's not. But I understand you. Wala pa naman akong nakikitang malaking impact sa buong banda but just so you know, you just lost a lot of endorsements. Big brands. Samsung wants to terminate your endorsement contract. Even the H&M and Nike. Dove Men also wants to pull out na rin pero hindi pa final 'yon. So far sa Philippines pa lang naman 'yung mga nagcacancel. Your international endorsements are intact pa. Pero marami din companies na nag-email like Max's restaurant, Jollibee, Shakey's BDO, BPI, Safeguard, Bear Brand and may iba pa. They are asking for your endorsement. Your brands just went from a bachelor to a family guy real quick." She laughed at her own joke.