{chapter 18}

i was sitting with kaminari, kirishima, and sero, they were all talking about moving onto the next round, i felt kind of left out.

"hey where's bakugo?" kirishima asks with his mouth full of food.

"idk i haven't seen him.." i say quietly picking with my food.

"hey are you okay? you seem kind of off." sero asks.

"i'm fine, i just wish i could've had a chance to really show off my quirk." i say putting my knees to my face.

"what are you talking about?! you got 2nd place in the obstacle course, no way you aren't going to get scouted!" kaminari says.

"i just wanted to make my aunt proud, my team was doing so good too, but in a instant my team lost all of their headbands, i don't even remember how.." i say burying my face into my knees.

"it's fine, just know we're all proud of you!" kirishima says putting a thumbs up.

i lift my head up and give my friends a soft smile before digging into my food.

"there you are y/n! come with us, hurry!" momo says pulling on my arm.

"what-" i say before having a chance to finish my sentence.

we approach the locker room where i see all the 1-A girls getting dressed in cheer leader outfits.

"uh.." i say raising an eyebrow.

"get dressed!" momo says creating a separate outfit and handing it to me.

"if you're wondering why, mr.aizawa is making us do this, we were informed by mineta and kaminari." jiro says putting on her top.

i didn't bother replying but instead i got dressed as soon as i could.

as soon as we entered the arena my classmates and i stuck out like a sore thumb.

1-B and other people were confused on what we were doing.

i covered my body with the yellow pom poms and stared down in embarrassment.

"momo, why is everyone looking at us weird.." i say with a nervous voice.

"mineta tricked us...i can't believe i fell for his sick lies again.." momo says falling down to her legs in defeat.

"what if katsuki's watching.." i thought.

my face turns red at the thought of him seeing me in this skimpy cheerleader suit.

"why the hell do i even care if he's watching, i just want to get out of this stupid outfit.." i say looking down.

everyone gathers around the small stage as the last 4 teams who advanced would be moving onto the next round.

"aw yeah, finally a chance to show what we're made of, ive always watched the sports festival, and now i get a chance to be in it!" kirishima says enthusiastically.

"come closer and draw lots to see who you're up against. then enjoy the games of recreational before we start." midnight says.

"i'll start with the first place team-" midnight says.

as soon as those words left her mouth ojiro's hand went up and interrupted her.

"um, i'd like to withdraw please." he says nervously.

everyone stared and gasps in shock, why would someone withdraw from the UA sports festival?

everyone was babbling right in his face on how he should reconsider, ojiro argues right back saying it was right and he shouldn't risk his pride.