{chapter 24}

my class was chattering about getting noticed on the way too school, i didn't bother engaging in conversation.

as a few minutes pass mr.aizawa walks in without his bandages, i almost forgot what he looked like.

"we have an important class today, hero informatics." mr.aizawa says.

i see the class's mood drop instantly, their expression turned into fear.

kaminari and kirishima's expression made them look constipated, i almost wanted to laugh.

"you guys need code names, time to pick your hero identities." he says.

my class jumps up in excitement, "this is going to be awesome!" they chant.

i smile knowing exactly what name i'll be choosing.

"here are the results of how many hero sponsors want to recruit you." mr.aizawa says as he presses a remote, revealing the total amount of numbers.

i look over to see shoto and bakugo had the highest amount, they have a lot of potential, of course they would be recruited the most.

i look down the list to see my name wasn't there, i felt my heart sink to my stomach.

"i didn't get get recruited? not even more than 5 people?" i thought as i brought my knees to my face.

i felt a tear forming in my eye, i didn't want anyone to see me like this so i buried my head into my knees.

"i tried to hard to win, but not even that was enough.." i thought as i squeezed my knees tighter to my face.

"despite these results, you'll all be interning with pros, got it?" he says.

i pick my head up, atleast i'll still be interning with pros, but i'd rather get recruited then be forced.

i clench my necklace as i felt i wasn't good enough, all the thoughts racing through my mind managed to block the sound of the outside world.

the sound of midnight appearing through the door was enough to get me being lost in my thoughts. she finished aizawa's sentence, something i didn't hear.

i noticed kaminari and mineta started blushing, i crumble a piece of paper and throw it straight at his head.

"ow, why'd you do that." he says throwing it back at me.

i caught it in my palm, "don't be such a perv, girls won't want you if you act that way." i say closing my eyes.

"the name you give yourself is important, it helps reinforce your imagine and shows what kind of hero you went to be in future." he explains.

"take all might for example." mr.aizawa says.

he slips into his sleeping bag and goes straight to sleep, midnight takes over.

i get handed a whiteboards with markers, i take each of one for myself, and pass it down to the person behind me.

i instantly take the cap off the marker and write down phoenix

"done." i say with a soft smile.

"woah already? how'd you come up with a name so fast?" kaminari asks.

"my aunt gave me this suggestion before, i thought it fit pretty well so, i used it." i say closing the marker cap.

i hear the door open and see that principal nezu had walked in.

everyone's head gets picked up as they pause their thinking for their hero name.

"oh, principal nezu, what are you doing here?" midnight asks.

he motions ms.midnight to go down to his level to whisper something in her ear.

midnight's face suddenly turns into a serious expression.

"oh wow, that's terrible." she mumbles to principal nezu.

ms.midnight stands back up and says, "y/n, come with me dear."

everyone's eyes looks over to me, even bakugo's, i stand up from my seat and walk over confused on what was happening.

midnight places her hand on my back as she escorts me outside of the classroom.

"i will be back guys, just stay put and continue working on your hero names." she says as she closes the door.

i pick my head up to see investigators and cops were waiting outside the classroom to speak with me.

"is everything okay?" i say with concern.

"i know you won't take this well sweetie, i'm sorry." ms.midnight says sincerely.

"unfortunately, you aunt's body was found dead at 9:16 am today, a coworker stopped by her house since she wasn't arriving to her job, when they opened the front door, they found her deceased, her body scorched with 3rd degree burns." the investigator says.

i could hear the ringing in my ear as everything went blank.

my heart felt an incredible despair, it feels like i had just got stabbed in the chest.

i drop to the floor on my knees, i couldn't believe what i was heating was true, i wanted to believe it was all just a lucid dream.

all the memories, all the times we spent together, i wouldn't have the chance to make more, i wouldn't have the chance to see her smile that lit up my world.

"no.. she not dead." i say with watery eyes and a forced weak smile.

the people around me looked at me with deep concern, they could tell i was in denial.

reality finally hit me and i start scream crying, the scream disrupted my classmates, i could hear the noise of chairs moving and foot steps near the door.

i could feel my classmates stares, they were so worried for me, and no clue what was going on.

everyone around me was quiet, staring at the amount of emotional pain i was in.

after a brief moment of silence filled with my desperate cries and screams, midnight bends down to comfort me.

"oh dear.." she says sympathetic.

i put my hands over ears and continue sobbing, i didn't want to hear anyone right now, i just want to disappear, be in my aunts arms again, and feel her embrace me for the last time.

all of a sudden i hear foot steps walking near me, i then hear someone squat down infront of me.

they put their hand on top of my head, they didn't really know what to do to comfort me.

"it's going to be okay." they say with a reassuring tone, i knew exactly who's voice it was.

those are the exact words i wanted to hear in that moment, i wanted to know if i could still move on with my life, deep down i knew that if i threw it all away, that would make my aunt disappointed.

"we have to escort y/n out of the school, if you want, you'll be escorted too bakugo, now everyone head back inside the classroom while we sort it out." the investigator says.

i could hear the awkward steps walk back into the classroom, everyone was quiet.

"let's go."

we start getting up from the floor, my legs felt wobbly, i almost fell over, bakugo quickly made me go back into balance by putting his hand on my shoulder.

(A/N: sorry for this chapter, i actually got a bit emotional writing it, but anyways thank you for 1K reads, that means so much, i love everyone of you who continue to read my fan fiction <3)