{chapter 23}

my aunt takes my hand and walks over to her car, we get in and immediately head to an authentic mexican restaurant.

"i love spicy food." i said as i lick my lips.

"i know! that's why i took you here to celebrate, after we're going to buy new clothes, buy jewelry, blah blah blah." she rambles on.

"but i didn't even win, going to a mexican restaurant would've been fine, i don't need anything else." i say humbling.

"yeah yeah shut up." my aunt says rolling her eyes.

we enter the restaurant and take our seats as our waiter hands us our menus.

"now what kind of drinks would you guys like?" the boy waitress asks.

"i'll get water with lemon." my aunt says.

"i'll get pink lemonade." i say looking up at the waitress.

the waitress blushes a bit before answering, "uh- yes of c-course." he says stuttering.

"i'll be back quickly." he says scratching the back of his head as he walks away.

my aunt waits a bit for him to disappear, before turning back to me with a flirty look.

"that boy was totally into you!" my aunt says grabbing my hands.

"no he wasn't, plus he's not my type, he looks too nice, not the kind of guy i want." i say putting my hand behind my head.

"so then what kind of guy do you like?" she asks.

"i don't know, someone who would just connect with my like puzzle pieces, but not too nice, i like boys who play rough." i reply.

my aunt rolls her eyes as she looks out the window.

i start looking onto the menu, i decided i was going to have the tinga tostadas.

"i just wanted to say i'm so proud of you, you worked so hard to come here, you may have not won but you got in the top 3, imagine how many hero agencies want you! you are going to make a great hero." my aunt says sincerely.

i give a small smile before putting the menu down and playing with my tie.

the waiter comes up with my drinks, he placed each of our drinks right beside each other.

"now are you guys ready to order?" he asks slightly blushing with his notepad out.

"yes, i will be getting the carne asada." my aunt says while stacking the menus together.

"and i'll get the tinga tostadas." i say playing with my tie again.

"great, i will be with your meals shortly, great choice btw y/n." he says with a flustered tone.

"so you watched the sports festival." i say looking up at him.

"yep, you did great out there, a great pro hero in the making." he says with his ears bright red

i give the slightest smile before dropping back to my expressionless face as he walks away.

"so where do you want to go after this?" my aunt says as her nails tap on the table.

"i told you, i don't need anything, i'm fine with just going to this restaurant." i say putting my head down on the table.