{chapter 22}

i stare him dead in the eye, i was going to take this match seriously, i need to step up my game.

"oi, you ready to get your ass beat?" he says.

i didn't say anything, i didn't want to risk him finding out that i wasn't confident to beat him, but even then i still felt like he could read me, he knew i was insecure about this.

i go over to a seat in front of him, i keep my mouth shut as i put my legs on the table, looking up.

"say something." he says annoyed.

"no." i say not moving my position.

"tch, since when did you get all bitchy." he says with his usual tone.

"when i realized i needed to take this seriously, i'm going to give it all i got to win this, so i won't be viewing you as a friend anymore." i say bringing my head down to his level.

"don't bother, i'm still going to beat your ass anyways." he says confidently.

i take off my shoe and throw at his face, he quickly gets angry.

"WHY YOU LITTLE-" he says making small explosions before being interrupted.

"bakugo and l/n, time to head to the arena." cementoss says as he opens to the door.

"yes sir." i say taking my shoe back and putting it on.

i leave my sweater in the waiting room, i was still wearing my black tank top with my UA joggers, my palms were sweating.

bakugo and i both head different directions, i take the time to reassure myself.

"stop being a pussy, just fucking win this." i mumble clenching my fist.

"the moment everyone has been waiting for.. bakugo versus l/n! make some noise!" present mic yells.

i look over to a screen where it showed both bakugo and i, so this was really it.

bakugo and i were waiting with anticipation, ready to get this over with.

"begin!" present mic says.

bakugo didn't hesitate to create a cloud of smoke, he knew that was one of my weaknesses.

luckily i had absorbed some of the sun's energy before, meaning i could still beat him.

i couldn't use my quirk to blind him, since i couldn't make eye contact.

i concentrate on my surroundings, making sure to listen to the smallest of noises.

i felt footsteps approaching, i took that was my chance to fly up, as i was in the air i absorbed more of the sun lights energy, before making a blow.

the smoke started to clear, i saw bakugo looking around, wondering where i was.

i gave a devilish smirk, "nows my chance." i thought.

i head down making a fist, ready to make an impact toward the ground, as a distraction.

as i hit the floor, i looked over to see katsuki, he looked already prepared, like as if he knew my plan.

he hits a explosion toward me, i tumble on the ground as i was only a couple feet away from getting out of the ring.

i quickly get on my hands and knees as i take deep breaths in, i could feel the blood dripping from my nose down to my throat.

i didn't have time to clean up, all i was focused on was winning the battle.

i get up and instantly start running toward katsuki, i make my hand glow as i was going to send an energy blast toward him.