{chapter 27}

i woke up with the light shining on my eyes.

i cover the light with my right hand, my eyes squinting as i look over to the side to see katsuki not there.

i sit-up and sit there for a few seconds, trying to recollect myself after such a deep sleep.

i get up from my bed and grab my phone, i open the door and walk into the bathroom.

i grab my toothbrush and my toothpaste and start scrubbing my teeth, i was still a little bit tired, but it would go away soon.

i splash water onto my face and dry it off with a towel, i walk back into the room and grab my phone and unplug it.

i go back into katsuki's bed, his scent of caramel filling my nostrils, it almost put me back to sleep.

i just laid there, eyes closed, but not sleeping.

my eyes shot open as soon as i heard the door knob turn, i sit-up waiting for katsuki to enter.

"morning." i say hazily.

"wait why didn't you go to school?" i questioned, he could've easily just let me stay at his place.

"i couldn't leave you here alone dumbass." he says sitting on the edge of the bed.

"yes you could, i don't want you to feel like a babysitter, i would've been fine by myself." i say putting my knees to my chest.

as soon as those words left my mouth i got a notification on my phone, i pick my phone up i confusion.

i read that i had gotten a email from mr.aizawa, i assumed it was about my internships, but then as i read the little bits of the email, i quickly realized that's what it was not about.

my eyes widen in shock, my hand started shaking.

i quickly log into my phone and go to my email, i had to make sure this wasn't a stupid prank.

he had sent me a paragraph explaining someone had vouched to be my legal guardian, tears started forming at the tips of my eyes.

"what is it?" katsuki says glaring at me.

i cover my mouth with my hand, tears streaming from my cheek to my hand.

"what is it?!" he says losing somewhat patience.

i didn't have any response, i didn't even bother looking up, all i did was hand him my phone.

he takes my phone in concern, his eyes also widen at my screen, he couldn't believe what he was reading.

"i've got some news, ms.midnight has decided to become your legal guardian. she felt a lot of sympathy hearing about your aunt as she went through a similar experience. she heard about how you might be sent to a foster home, she clearly didn't like the idea so she stepped in. we know you are currently staying at bakugo's place, at around 3 pm she will be picking you up to move in with her. she will explain more details once she gets there. have any questions email me."

bakugo looks up from his phone to see my face was stuffed into a crumbled blanket.

i didn't say anything, everything was moving so fast, it felt like a rollercoaster.

my own teacher, was willing to raise me.

"shouldn't you be happy." bakugo says putting my phone next to me.

"i guess." i say picking my head up to stare at him.

bakugo stares for a second but quickly turns away and stands up.