Chapter 2: Second Day With Her

It was a beautiful, sunny morning, and all I wanted to do was clean the house. I feed my cat and then go to the kitchen to make something for breakfast, but there was nothing in the fridge, so I drove to the nearest grocery store and bought some items. I get fruits and vegetables, meat, as well as laundry detergent and other items. I used to have a girl who would help me with all of this grocery stuff, but that was about all she was good for, I reminded myself. Don't forget how much she hurt you.

Bumalik ako sa bahay at idinikit ko ang mga palad ko sa mukha ko at huminga ng malalim. Mahirap magpatuloy lalo na kung wala ka nang gana sa buhay. Napailing ako. No! I still have a purpose in life; teaching. Sa sandaling dumikit ang aking puwetan sa sofa ay may kumakalampag sa pintuan. Nakalimutan ko na namang isarado ang gate. I should buy an automatic gate, one of this days.

Itinuloy ko ang pagsandal sa sofa ngunit hindi tumigil sa kakakatok ang taong nasa labas.

I groaned and got up slowly.

Seeing her for the second time had already ruined my day.

"What?" tanong ko. "Aren't you busy? All you do is knock on other people's doors? And, besides, don't you worry that I might hurt you or something?" Nakanganga lang siya kaya pumitik ako sa harapan niya. "Hey!"

Nagulantang siya. "Y-you smells so good."

Inamoy ko naman ang sarili ko. Ganito naman talaga ang amoy ko at wala naman akong ibang ginamit. I sighed. "What do you want?"

Sumilip siya sa loob ng bahay ko at lumaki ang mga mata niya. "Wow!" sabi niya sabay hawi sa akin at walang sabi-sabing pumasok sa loob ng bahay. "Oh, baby! You're so adorable! Hi, what's your name?" pinaliit niya ang boses niya. Nilingon niya ako, waiting for me to tell my cat's name.

Napangisi ako ng lihim sa aking naisip. "His name is Skye."

Tinitigan niya ako ng masama. "Really?"

"Uh-huh."

Itinaas niya ang aking pusa at tiningnan marahil ang gender niya. "But he's a he!"

"Skye is a unisex name," I said a matter of fact.

Tumango siya bilang pagsang-ayon sa sinabi ko. Maya-maya ay humatsing na siya. She rubbed her little nose and sneeze again. "Ugh." suminghot siya. "Do you have a facemask? I want to cuddle him, but I'm allergic to cats. He's too cute to avoid." She looked tenderly at my cat. "I adore her eyes; they're as blue as the sky." Oh!" She hugged my cat, who licked her face and then she giggled.

Tumingin siya sa akin nang kalungin niya sa kaniyang hita ang alaga kong pusa

Tumingin siya sa akin nang kalungin niya sa kaniyang hita ang alaga kong pusa. "Don't tell my mother. She dislikes me being near cats."

"When you return home, she will be able to tell."

"Why?" she innocently asked.

"You'll get sick."

Napatayo siya. At mabilis na ipinasa sa akin ang aking pusa. "Yes! I remember being rushed to the hospital after picking up a cat on the road on my way home from school." She is now in a state of panic and has no idea what to do. "Do you have any medication?"

"For what?"

"For allergies!" She's now irritated.

"I'll get it." Napailing na lang ako. Alam na nga niyang allergic siya sa pusa, lalapitan pa niya. Ibinaba ko ang pusa sa malambot niyang kama. I went to get the medicine from the cupboard near the kitchen, then I yelled. "Come on! So you can drink a lot of water!"

Dinig ko ang yabag ng mga paa niya habang tumatakbo papasok ng kusina. "Pasensiya ka na naabala pa kita," nahihiya sabi niya bago ininom ang tubig kasabay ng gamot.

Lumayo ako sa kanya at sumandal sa mesa. Pinagmasdan ko ang kabuuan niya habang nakatalikod siya. Her back was just as good as her front: large melons narrowing down to her perfect ass. The shorts she was wearing emphasized her slim legs. She turned around and caught me in the act as I leaned against the table, objectifying her.

Kumindat siya!

"Papasa na ba ako sa tipo mo?" She smiled seductively and purposefully bit her bottom lip. I knew what she was up to. She's trying to seduce me!

No way!

I turned away from her. "Go home and take a warm bath to avoid having to worry about getting to the hospital. And bring the medication with you." I then entered the living room. Kinuha ko mula sa kama ang alaga kong pusa at hindi na siya muling nilingon pa.

Ngunit nasa gitna na ako ng hagdanan nang humabol siya. She took her phone out of her pocket. "Oo nga pala, may pustahan kami no'ong kapitbahay ko. Sabi niya, pupuntahan mo raw siya kapag ipinakita ko ang picture niya sa 'yo."

"Who?"

Then she let me see the woman on her phone's screen.

When I saw that woman, I couldn't help but smile. It's Aliza May Paulo, a close friend of mine from my time as an assistant professor at USC. Ang tagal na naming hindi nagkita! "Where does she lives?"

Nagulat siya at hindi yata inaasahan ang tanong ko. "She lives right next door to us. She told me that you could pay her a visit around six o'clock in the evening because she works at their resort hotel."

"Really? The heiress is working?!" Hindi ako makapaniwala. She's a proud daughter of a powerful man here in Cebu. Marahil ay nagbago na siya at nagmatured na.

"She's working because she has no choice. She doesn’t have a money," daldal niya habang kinakamot na niya ang balat niya. Naawa naman ako kaya dali-dali ko siyang inutusang maligo na sa bath tub sa guest room.

Kumuha ako ng damit at bagong boxers sa aking built-in closet at bumalik sa kinaroroonan niya. "You are free to leave once you have dipped yourself. And don't forget to take your medications, and if you're not feeling well, get allergy shots at the hospital."

I then left her in the tub, fully smiled.

N/A: Gusto ko pa sana mag-update kaso inaantok na ako.