Year Three, Chapter One

"Y/n!!! Y/N!!!" Harry's voice pierces my dreams and I jolt awake from my nap. Jerking up, I realize I am mere inches away from Harry's face. A light pink coats his face and mine the same.

"We have to leave!!" We sit there for too long, just daring the other to make a move.

"YOU BRING HER BACK!!" Screams Vernon Dursley, startling us both.

"No! She deserves what she got!" Harry responds.

After throwing my shoes on, Harry and I walk towards the door, our things in hand. At the bottom of the stairs Vernon grabs Harry by the collar of his shirt, muttering curses at him. Harry lifts his wand aggressively, a silent threat in the air.

"You can't do magic outside of school! You won't!" Vernon laughs.

"Oh yeah?? Try me." Harry challenges. Vernon backs off and Harry and I start towards the door.

"You've nowhere to go now boy! They won't accept you back at that school!" Vernon mocks.

"I don't care. Anywhere is better than here." Harry states as we walk out the door.

"Harry!! What on earth??" I start to question.

"It's a long story, y/n." Harry explains that his aunt sent him over the edge with rude comments about his parents and he accidentally inflated her. Now we are heading somewhere, we don't exactly know where.

I've been living with the dursley's as long as i can remember. I was orphaned as a child, my parents were close friends with them, and knowing they had Harry, who was a wizard, my parents wrote that should anything happen, I be sent to them. I grew up being best friends with Harry, but recently things have been... different. There are moments where the hugs last a little too long, glances linger, and touches send chills.

I try not to think about it though. I'm just excited to go back to Hogwarts!! It's our 3rd year and things have been... interesting... the past two. I mean in year one Harry opposed he-who-must-not-be-name d's orders with the sorcerer's stone, and in year two he found the chamber of secrets and saved Ginny Weasley. i'm excited for this year... if we even get to Hogwarts. Harry and I could be expelled. Or might not even make it to the bloody station on time.

We walk down the dark street, the street lamps illuminating our silhouettes.

I was lost in thought when Harry held his arm out, stopping me. I start to complain but a hand is shoved over my mouth, cutting me off. After a short pause I hear it; a low growling. Harry points at a bush and I look over with wide eyes to see a huge, black dog snarling at us. I start shaking but grab my wand, Harry grabs his and we point them at the beast. As the dog bows, about to charge, Harry grabs me and pulls me close. Next thing I know, we are blinded and a force pounds me to the concrete.

Strong arms catch me, pulling me on top of him. I turn red and start to back up but for a second Harry doesn't let me go. Noticing the huge bus beside us, he releases me. We stand up and a man pops out of the bus door.

"Welcome to the knight bus, emergency transport for the stranded witch or wizard," He says in a bored tone. "My name is Stan Shunpike and I will be your conductor for this evening." he reads off a note card. We blankly stare at him, confused.

"Well are you gonna get on the bus or not??" He asks annoyed. Harry goes to grab our stuff but he pushes us on the bus and grabs it himself. He struggles with it but then we walk onto the bus, around the other passengers and sit on a bed together. 

Harry and Stan start talking as they glance out the window. My eyes are heavy as the bump of the bus and the low chatter lulls me to sleep.

"Hey, we're here." I hear Harry whisper. I wake up and realize I fell asleep on Harry's shoulder. With a small stretch I get up we walk off the bus and the familiar setting of the leaky cauldron meets my eyes. One of the minister's assistants leads us inside.

Harry is wanted by the minister but I am led to our room while Harry meets with Fudge. Feeling exhausted, I collapse into bed and fall asleep.

About an hour later, I feel Harry climb into the bed with me, on his side.