Chapter 8: Calm Killings

[B-DAY BASH CH. 3]

Enjoy!

3rd PoV

Silent footsteps echoed through the house. The moon was nearing the horizon, ready to go and let the sun take over their sky for some hours to last.

The monster stalked through the mansion. Peeking in rooms and listening to the deafening silence present in the building.

The only sound was the
Drip !
and
Hiss !
of the acid that trickled down the monsters tail.

The galaxial eyes scanned the bushes and trees outside as it finishes their last nightly patrol for the time being.

Nothing was there. No intruders and no family. It was glad.

It was always glad not to fight for her safety. The monster closed the window and stalked through the halls to the room they'd spend their days in.

An axe was embedded in the wall. Her hoodie hung loosely on the shining blade, ready to get soaked in blood once again.

The multidimensional being crawled on the soft bed and with one last growl of warning, fainted.

The house was safe. She was safe. She could rest.

Toxin could wake up in the morning, without worries.

~Timeskip brought to you by acid~

Toxin PoV

I awoke from my slumber.

The usual time of day. I would always snap awake at 7am in the morning or 6:30 but it neared the same.

I stood up and changed clothes, went to the toilet and unlocked their doors, hoping no one noticed it.

I looked around the house doing my morning patrol.

No writing burned into the walls, floor or furniture and no corpses lying around. Meaning nothing happened at night.

I smiled and took a package of ice tea from the fridge. Grabbing a sandwich and sitting on the couch reading a book about a little girl growing up in a mystical world and falling in love with one of their strangest locals.

Good story, amazing plot and lovely characters.

After some time I heard a groan from the hallway. I turned my head from the book.

His piercing eyes met mine and my eyes began to shine. On top of his head sat a brown fedora and his bi-colored sweater was back where it belonged.

On his body.

„Good Morning Freddy." I muttered going back to the book. Nice to see that he's wearing his old clothes.

He grumbled something. I'm guessing it meant ‚good morning'.

At least he didn't fall out of his bed again. It sometimes happened to the dream demon and it costed him his prey several times.

Suddenly I felt an intense gaze burning into my back. So he's awake too, huh?

„Morning Michael." I said a bit louder so he could hear it from his place in the hallway.