Authors note

Okay, so just a little bit of backstory, because we're going to just jump into third year because that's about the appropriate age that I think the students would really be going through puberty and begin to take their relationships seriously. The first few chapters are going to "Age Jump" a bit just so you can get a sense of what happened during this time, but I won't spend too long on it.

Elodie Lillian Potter. Nearly two years older than Harry, but a different upbringing. While Harry was sent to live with the Dursleys after their parents' untimely death, Elodie was sent to live with Minerva Mcgonagall - her Godmother as requested in their Will. Since Harry was still so young at the time of their death, Lily and James hadn't had the chance to make the proper change to keep their children together and the Dursley's didn't fight this decision too much (Don't worry, we'll come back to that). 

Minerva was an amazing mother, and made sure that Elodie was raised to know of her parents greatness and the love that always surrounded her. She was also raised to know she had a brother and her whole life she knew that once he was old enough he would know of magic too.
She was always a happy child, but from an incredibly young age, she showed signs that she would be an extremely powerful witch, far beyond anyone who came before her, so much so to the point, it scared even Mcgonagall at times. Knowing this she was sure to surround her with all the happiness and amazing things that come from magic produced by love. But still, there was always something missing from Elodie, something that always felt off, even for her.

At a young age she didn't understand it, but she always had a hidden saddens within her. She missed the brother she barely knew, the parents she had few memories with, and anger because no one, not even the only mother she had known, would tell her more about her life. Though she knew of magic, she always felt just as in the dark as Harry had.

This is a slow burn! I know everyone wants a full on Fred Weasley Fanfic, but there will be a lot to show the growth and progression of how that relationship comes to be from Friends to Lovers. All of which will create a strong foundation for the relationship.