...You must learn to let go

It was just another normal day for the all amazing Victor Stone. His team, Detroit, were playing in the semi-finals for American football, and Victor just knew that they were going to go to the finals, if his team was good at anything then this was it, this is what they trained for. The fields were stained white with the snow which laid over it like a soft blanket and his dark skin was pouring with sweat and adrenaline. Currently their team was drawn with Metatropolis, the city of today, home of the man of tomorrow.

They had been playing hard during the whole game, just like they have done in any game before this one, and any game after it. He and his team ran at the others so that he could score and secure their team a chance at winning the nationals, something they had been aiming for, and training really hard for, to get. It was a really tense moment in the last half minute as Victor Stone, the star quarterback for the team grabbed the ball and began running towards the goals, he rolled over the back of an enemy player and ran towards the posts. He did so fast that it was almost inhuman, he was so fast in the last ten seconds that it was as if he was something more than he was led to believe, a speedster.

Victor screamed as he landed the touchdown during the last few seconds of the game, his team all cheering from behind him. Adrenaline pumped through his veins like a tsunami of courage as the whistle went to tell them the game was done. That his team had one the match. "Next stop the finals." Victor yelled, fist bumping the air. His teammates all ran towards him and lifted him onto their shoulders holding him in the air, using their bodies as a throne for Victor, after all he was the reason that they had managed to get this far. Victor took off his helmet and held it in his hands, the sounds coming out of his mouth were inconsiderable due to the roaring of the crowds.

He turned his head to the stands on the sidelines and his eyes lit up when he saw his mother looking back at him with a cheerful smile spread across her face.She was cheering for him and his team, this made his day even better, the smile grew wider. Then it just fell. He looked beside her to see an empty seat, one which should have had his father in it. He couldn't even make it for one of the most important moments of his only child's life. Always had to be cooped up doing work didn't he. S.T.A.R Labs research could wait, it would always be sitting there, this only happened once. But Silas just didn't care. He never could.

After the many hours of celebration and parting Victor finally emerged from the stadium with his kit bag slung over his right shoulder. He walks over to Elinore and places a hand over her small shoulder. She looks up at his 6 foot 6 frame and smiles. "You were brilliant to-night, Victor. I could not have been more proud than I am right now." Victor lets a small smile show as Elinore starts to drive off. As they turn onto the main road Elinore tilts her head slightly in Victor's direction. "You know that he is caught up at work." Elinore told him. Victor just sighed. Of course he's at work, he's always at work. 'Cause that's more important than his son. "He really did try to come, Victor, he knew how much this meant, he just hopes that he can make up for it."

"That's what you say he tells you to tell me every time. At first I did believe it, thought it was a one off, but now I am starting to doubt if it is the truth." Victor told her. "I don't know what to do ma, I don't know what to do. I always try so hard to make you two happy, but only you seem to care about showing it so I know I am doing something right, but dad, did he ever really care about making me understand that what I am doing, he is proud of?" She turned slightly towards him and cupped his head with her hand as her other hand drove the car.

"I'll always love you, no matter what." She told him. "And even though he doesn't show it, so does Silas." She looked back at him and smiled before Victor suddenly screamed, his hand pointing out the window of the car as bright lights head their way, coming quicker and quicker with every passing second. Elinore's head jerked to where he was pointing and her eyes widened and her jaw hung low but not a sound escaped her lips. Victor reached his hand out to protect her but it all happened too quickly. The lorry rammed into the side of their small car and it quickly toppled onto its side, smashing against the Elinore and Victor.