...You embrace one's soul

"Yes, I'm Victor Stone, your boyfriend." She staggers back and is about to walk into the bookshelf when Victor quickly places his hand behind her head and steadies her body out. "Be careful there, almost hit your head, we can't have that." She looked at him and reached out her hand, aiming to take the hood off so she could see Victor's face, but he stopped her. "You won't like what you see." He told her. She doesn't answer as she brings his hood down fully.

She doesn't say anything and for a moment Victor debates leaving the small apartment, that this is a bad idea. But then she smiles at him, she isn't scared of him and his inhuman face, just like the old man, she is unaffected by what she looks like. "What would I not like what you like, so you look different than you used to, but that doesn't matter. Not if you're still the same person that helped me all those years ago."

Victor hesitates and shots on his feet. "I don't know who I am, that's why I came to you. I hoped so deeply that you could point me to some indication of who I once was, of who I am now." Victor scratches the back of his head. "Because I am too lost to find myself alone, and you are the only connection I have left to my past life, the only connection that I trust." Sarah takes his hand and walks him over to her kitchen table and indicates for him to sit.

"Why me?" She asks. "Why am I the only one that you trust from who you believe is your past life? Is there not someone else? Elinore for example, your father?" Victor's face pales, he doesn't feel comfortable with this topic. "Victor what's wrong."

"Don't talk about my mother." He snarls. "Don't talk about my father. Not after what happened." He grips his hands into fists and it takes everything to not break the table, but he knows that it is one of the little things that she has so he can't, it wouldn't be a polite thing to do. She looks at him and kneels down so she can look into his miss matched eyes, he looks back at her, his human eye showing sorrow and misery, his cybernetic or bionic eye showing no sympathy, showing no emotion, just it's blood red lens looking straight into the soul of Sarah.

"Victor, I know you don't feel like yourself and want me to help you but I can't." She looks at him despairingly. Victor looks confused. "If you won't tell me anything and rely on me on what you look like now and what I already know then I can't help you, I don't know enough of what is going on. I don't know what happened for you to be like this, and I feel sorry for you, you obviously don't like being like this. Now can you tell me what is wrong, I'm not a telepath you know."

"Yeah." Victor laughed a bit. "You're not. But I don't know how I'm meant to tell you, it's just too hard, you know, what happened." She looked at him, understanding what he meant. "Though if you do want to know then I can tell." She hesitated, she didn't want him to talk about something real tough for him, but she also wanted to help him to the best of her ability. She nodded slowly. "I'm telling you, only you and you cannot tell anyone else, they cannot know yet, after what has happened they would not mentally be ready to bear what I have to say.

"It happened a few months ago, before superman died, way before. I was coming home from my football game, mum was driving, we were just talking. Then out of nowhere a car came tumbling towards us. It happened too fast and the next thing we knew we were trapped in the car, both of us on the verge of death, Elinore was passed out, blood streaming out from a crack in her head, and I passed out as I saw the ambulance crews come towards me. Next thing I know I am in the red room, Silas is standing on the other side, looking away from me.

'I gain his attention and he walks over to me, his face filled with regret. Then he tells me that mum is dead, that she died in the hospital and that I had multiple times before they managed to stabilize me. But that wasn't the worst news, the worst news was what he told me had happened to me. He showed me my new body and I was furious. I couldn't believe that he would do this to me, he couldn't let me live a peaceful life, he wouldn't let me stay dead, he wouldn't let me keep my humanity, the one thing I valued most over everything else.