Chapter 12

*Analia's POV*

I woke up alone the next morning beneath the covers I once sat on top of, still in the clothes I wore yesterday. I felt a certain warmth remembering last night, how Draco came to check up on me. He really didn't have to do that but he chose to come make sure I was ok.

However, as much as I wanted things to go back to normal, I had to stay mad at him for at least a little while longer. I was still really angry after all, he couldn't get away with treating me like shit one minute then like his girlfriend the next.

I decided that I was done sulking around and I would better surrounded by my friends to avoid being alone with my thoughts, so I got changed into my robes, pulled my hair back into a messy ponytail and set off downstairs to the great hall for breakfast.

The hall was packed full of students eating and laughing, the atmosphere alone picked my spirits up slightly.

"Hey Lia, how are you feeling?" Cho asked sincerely as I sat down between her and Luna at the Ravenclaw table.  "We came after class to see if you were alright and we heard another voice so we decided to leave you alone, when we came back you were fast asleep." She explained.

"Thank you, but I'm fine, I think." The both looked suspiciously at each other. "Really, I'm fine. What did I miss yesterday?"

They took one more glance at each other before beginning to explain the work I had to catch up on. They talked delicately, answering any questions I had immediately with compassion. Thankfully they didn't ask anything more about my father, I didn't like feeling so fragile but I know they're just trying their best to show support.

I walked myself to class today, for some reason McLaggen hadn't turned up to meet me like he usually does, I didn't think much of it, although it did hurt that he hadn't spoken to me since yesterday morning knowing what had happened with my father.

Everyone knew by this point and I was getting sympathetic looks from students left right and centre, some were even strangers I'd never met properly aside from the occasional smile we shared as I passed by in the corridors.

I was about to turn into my class when I felt someone pinch my side making me jump. I turn around quickly to see Malfoy standing there laughing at me,

"What the hell was that for huh?" I said in my best annoyed voice. He could tell I was still mad at him when I saw his reaction, he stepped back and rolled his eyes;

"Oh c'mon, am I still in the bad books?" He asked sarcastically thinking I'd say no.

"You bet you are." His face dropped even more, but then a cheeky smile appeared on his face,

"Even after last night? You fell asleep in my arms for gods sake." I blushed at the mention of last night, looking down to hide a smile that had obnoxiously creeped onto my face.

"I was exhausted and grieving. I would've fallen asleep in anyone's arms." I rolled my eyes at him and turned away to walk into my class.

"And do you really believe that?" I could feel the condescending tone seep from his voice.

"1000% Malfoy." I shouted back, I knew his eyes were glued to me as I walked in, I could feel them on me.

I sat down in my seat, which now was at the opposite side of the classroom seeing as Draco asked to move. This better make things a hell of a lot easier, at least now I can ignore him. He strode in a few seconds later, plonking himself down as if defeated.

It had been about 20 minutes and the class was silent, you could hear a pin drop in between the professors enthusiastic voice, you can tell she's very passionate about teaching her profession.