Chapter 3

I snapped out of my thoughts and turned, looking around the classroom for Draco so we could figure out when we are going to do the project, the quicker we get it done the better. The classroom had emptied completely leaving only me and the professor awkwardly staring at each other, she clearly questioned why I was still here.

To her dismay I gave a light smile her way, I guess she doesn't experience a lot of students sharing kind gestures, she gave me an unsure and uncomfortable smile back before I whipped my head around as I heard a floor board creek like someone was walking out the door.

I saw Draco's blonde head of hair disappear out the door swiftly, I gathered my books and frantically ran after him, his pace was steady and fast, by the time I was turning out the door he was already nearing the end of the hall. "Malfoy!" I shouted trying to get his attention while quickening into an awkward half walk half run that resembled more of a skip.

"Wait I need to talk to you." My echoed voice had caught the attention of a few straggling young wizards on their way to class, they seemed amused at my struggle to keep up and giggled amongst themselves. "Malfoy!" I shout again in a more frustrated and stern tone.

He stopped in his tracks, crooked his head to one side and turned to face me while I caught up to him.

"Wow, you really wanted to get out of there huh." I say trying to break the ice but all I get in return was a low grunt dismissing my comment. "So when do you want to do the project?" Asking while catching my breath.

"You must be delusional if you think I'm spending half a minute doing that project with you." He looked me up and down as he said it, making sure to show his disinterest.

"Fine, fail for all I care, but I bet your father won't be too happy when he hears about it." I crossed my arms waiting for his response, letting a smug smile appear on my face.

I knew how much his father held him to a high standard and what disappointing him would mean, the Malfoy name is one recognised highly in the wizarding world despite the rumours surrounding their death eater status being proved true, Draco is expected to live up to the name, and failing a class as easy as magical creatures would be seen as an abomination. He rolled his piercing silver eyes at me in frustration as he exhaled and said;

"Slytherin common room, tonight 7 o'clock. Don't be late."

"I'll be there. And Malfoy can we be civil? Since we're partners and all." I added, trying to make the situation a little bit better.

"I'm willing to do that, if you apologise for speaking ill of me at the lake." He spoke in a low husky voice as he raised one eyebrow at me, encouraging an apology, I couldn't tell if he was being sarcastic or serious.

I giggled at his request deciding it can't be serious, "Draco, everyone speaks 'ill' of you, you're a Malfoy. Surely by now you recognise your reputation." His face quickly frowned as I tease his request.

"You watch your mouth." This time he spoke very defensively, as if I had once again insulted him. He was clearly very sensitive about his family name and reputation.

"Look, I'm sorry, I don't know what I was thinking." I filled my voice with sorrow and a hint of sarcasm, I couldn't possibly apologise to Draco Malfoy in all seriousness, it had to be somewhat of a joke, right? And as I suspected any hurt in Dracos eyes disappeared almost instantly, he nodded acknowledging my 'apology' before he turned swiftly and began striding down the hallway.

"7 o'clock Fay. Sharp." He added just before turning the corner at the end of the corridor, holding up his left hand to reveal a slick, expensive looking watch. I couldn't help but watch him leaving, he left the smell of cologne and confidence everywhere he went. It was intoxicating, but I refuse to let it affect me.