Chapter 13

My head was scrambled with thoughts of how Draco turned so fast. He was definitely jealous, I knew he was, you don't act like that if you're not.

There was an ounce of flattery when I thought of him being jealous of McLaggen for taking me to the party, although my head quickly regained its sense and realised there was no reason to act so disrespectful and rude, regardless of who was taking me to a stupid party.

I didn't stay for much longer after Draco stormed out of the prefect bathroom, I was too flustered and the mermaids kept looking at me, mocking mine and Dracos... um... activities. They were not as nice as they looked and definitely not as charming as everyone makes them out to be.

I got changed into my pj's and walked myself down to the Ravenclaw common room saying hi to Camille on the way. She was curious why Draco looked so agitated since we came from the same place but I made up some excuse and she seemed to believe it.

He would probably confide in her later tonight anyway. It seems like they're always together in some way.

I still felt tingles across my body from the kisses Draco had left, implanted onto my skin like tattoos. They stayed igniting my senses until I tried to drift off to sleep. He really made heart skip a beat no matter how much I didn't want him too, ugh I hate how he makes me feel like this. Why him, of all people why Draco Malfoy? I shut my eyes and slowly slipped into a deep sleep.

*The Next Day*

I woke up suddenly to Luna shaking me saying we'd be late for class, I checked the clock and sure enough it was 8:15am. I rushed to put my robes on, not taking notice of the deep marks on my neck. It wasn't until Cho pointed them out on the way to potions that I remembered what Draco did last night.

I shot bright red and tried by best to hide them with my shirt collar and hair, hoping that no one would notice. She gave me a sly smirk, assuming the culprit was my supposed love interest Cormac.

"Gather round everyone, gather round." Professor Slughorn started, as students drew coser to the large table at the front of the room. "Can anyone tell me what this potion is?"

"It's amortentia sir, the strongest love potion in the world, it's rumoured to smell different to each person according to what attracts them." Hermione answered confidently over the low chatter of the class

"Very good, now everyone will have a chance to come up and tell the class what they smell, shall we start with you Miss Granger?" He incited Hermione closer as she took a whiff of the small cauldron.

She explained how she smelled fresh parchment, freshly cut grass and spearmint toothpaste before her voice faded away and she escaped from her trance.

The class continued with each student taking their turn to walk up to the potion and get lost in its aroma. Some peoples answers were very telling to who they fancied at this moment, others on the other hand were hard to place.

Luna said she smelled must and new born babies, I can only think of one person I'd imagine having a combination like that, and well Cho said she smelled Cedric, which must be so hard for her, she must miss him loads. I squeezed her hand as she walked down from the table giving my support, she gave me a faint smile before returning her attention to the class.

"Miss Fay?" Slughorn calls me up to the potion. I nodded slightly, stepping towards the table spread with potion equipment, books and general clutter.

At first the potion let off no smell, I gulped hard thinking I would be the first to have nothing to say. Suddenly I got an overpowering scent of bourbon and bubble bath.