Chapter 15

*The Next Day*

I woke up on a soggy pillow with puffy, red eyes and a pounding headache, probably from dehydration seeing as I lost my body mass in tears. I fought Luna who tried pulling me out of bed, but despite my best efforts her words made me feel better and she convinced me to get cleaned up and walk the school halls with my head held high.

She promised she wouldn't leave my side the whole day, whether that's for support or to make sure I don't crawl my way back into bed is unknown but I'd say it's the latter of the two.

I tried my very best to avoid McLaggen, I couldn't believe what he told me last night and I was still shaken up about how he was acting. The way he expected me to sleep with him, the way he thought he deserved my body, it sickened me. It terrified me thinking about what could have happened if the situation developed further.

Any feelings I ever had for him evaporated into thin air as soon as he lead me to his room. I felt embarrassed that I even had feelings for him in the first place.

Luckily we had no classes together except charms which I didn't have for another few days, so I didn't have to see him except for the occasional glance in the halls where he would turn to his friends and they would all laugh, presumably at me. Every time I saw him Luna would squeeze my hand to show she was there for me whenever I needed her, she even called him an asshole, which is the first time I've ever heard her swear.

Classes dragged on for, what felt like ever, and the voices of monotoned professors teaching about whatever the hell they taught drowned the sound of my own head enough for each lesson to take my mind off the previous nights events.

I didn't want to admit it before because thinking about it makes my stomach sink, like that feeling you get when your facing impending doom and inescapable death, when your heart races faster than your body can cope and your lungs feel like they're running out of air, when your whole body wants to do something to stop it but you can't move.

That's the feeling I get admitting that I like Draco Malfoy.

I hated myself that I didn't find him repulsing like everyone else, that I actually saw something good inside him, that he showed me a different side of himself that nobody ever sees. Even if he immediately covered it up and acted as though I was invisible.

Regardless of that he lied, not too me, but about me. He lied to McLaggen that we slept together, whether it was as a brag, or to claim me, or to make Cormac jealous didn't matter, he lied and hurt me in the process. I don't want to be hurt by him anymore, but I have a feeling that's unavoidable when you fancy a Malfoy.

*Draco's POV*

I skipped most of my classes that morning, my mind could only concentrate on one thing, Ana. She went to the party with McLaggen as a pity date if anything, that's how I like to think of it anyway. Thinking she only went because she agreed weeks ago put me slightly at ease.

However, the feeling that something might have happened last night flooded my body, the way McLaggen was dragging her away from the party initiated a response in me that I didn't realise was present. I wanted to protect her. I needed to protect her.

I was walking back to the Slytherin common room when I heard his retched voice boom over his friends.

"I thought she'd put out easily, I mean she slept with Malfoy." McLaggen bragged to his friends and they laughed, I immediately knew who they were talking about.

"Pay up boy, you lost the bet." His friend barked, the pipsqueak on his left was barely tall enough for the log flume at Disney.

"Who says I lost the bet? Maybe she wasn't a stiff mudblood after all. I said she didn't put out easily, a man never taps and tells." His arrogant, disrespectful words disgusted me.