Chapter 4

*Draco's POV*

Analia has never really been on my radar much, she was always just around, with her friends of course, I've only ever had the odd conversation through the years and nothing too pleasant or special but that has more to do with me and my lack of enthusiasm to get to know her.

However there was something that always stood out about her, she never eternally hated me from what I could tell, but she never fell over her feet trying to impress me either, from my many years at Hogwarts it's either one or the other with girls, and guys too.

They always either wanted to be my friend, or girlfriend, or they wanted me dead there was no in between at this school, but she was different. It didn't sit right with me that I could read her easily, I could never tell exactly what she thought of me. She never let slip if she liked me or if she didn't.

She's known as one of the kindest people in the school but never puts up with bullshit, if your in the wrong she'll tell you and she won't walk on egg shells when she does. I found myself admiring it, her courage to stand up for what's right rather than what's easy, never failing to add a bit of sarcasm on the end. She is nice but boy is she sarcastic, it'll do you well to stay on the right side of her.

I found myself hoping I was on the wrong side of her, it would make things a hell of a lot easier for me if I was, if she wasn't trying to be nice to me all the time, at least then I'd have an excuse to be rude to her because for some strange and unexplained reason it felt wrong to actively be mean to her.

She had this way about her that would inflict guilt if you hurt her, like you instantly regretted your insult.

Maybe it was something about her innocence, her childlike view on the world that anything is possible and kindness defeats evil, it's all bullshit of course but she looked upon the world with so much hope that everything could be peaceful and good that when you are mean to her, a flicker of darkness spreads across her eyes. She recognises evil and knows the world isn't sunshine and rainbows but it doesn't stop her from spreading as much positivity as she can.

All I knew is that I strangely liked her talking back. It made the conversations with her more interesting than most I had with others, she talked back but always in a playful manor that made you want to keep the conversation going, most other conversations I had were either pure hatred or out of fear but hers were fun. I almost looked forward to speaking with her next.

However, none of this distracted from her blood status, the fact she is a mudblood. I've been raised to hate muggle born witches and wizards since I could walk, I never questioned the teachings of my father and, like him, I grew a strong resentment for the creatures. She was part of the plague and I needed to hate her, otherwise it goes against everything I believe.

Of course I wasn't overly excited to be partnered up with her, for the main reason that I would actually have to do some work. If it were anyone else I'd either flirt with them a bit and have them do it for me or repulse them so much that they didn't want to work with me anyway, but alas I would need to figure something else out with Analia, I have better things to be doing than a stupid project for a class that I don't need to pass.

*Analia's POV*

The dimly lit library was almost silent, with students scattered around the desks studying. It wasn't too busy considering it was only the start of the year, only the real dedicated students, or the students forced to do detention which was occasionally held in the library were here. And of course some second year, inter house relationships were sneaking around  the back of the muggle history section to have some 'alone time', considering no one really goes into that section.