Chapter 26

*Draco's POV*

Snape had called me into his room for no other reason than to give his critical analysis of me from the term before, no doubt ordering me to be discrete in fear of being found out.

My mother may have tried to conceal the truth that Snape knew and was sworn to protect me, but his assistance won't be needed. I was trusted to carry out his gut wrenching plan alone, no one was to know of the assassination of Dumbledore until his heart had stopped.

I had no choice in the matter, he knows the consequences I will face if I fail, he knows it'll cost my life and the lives of my family.

I'm not doing this for the glory and power he promised my family, or the recognition and stasis amongst his cult followers, I was doing it to keep breathing, to stay alive.

Over the last few months I've considered heavily wether it's worth it, wether the life I live is deserving enough to even have a heart beat. In many ways I came to the conclusion that it wasn't, my life hadn't been extraordinary or special, it hadn't been something made of history books and peace prizes, only a few people would miss me, very few and eventually they'd learn to cope and carry on their lives, only periodically allowing the memories of me to cross their mind.

However, someone new floated into my life on a bubble of joy and hope it seemed like and it was through the promise of a brighter future with her I grew to accept I'd have to carry out the inevitable murder. The girl that sat three rows from the front of Snapes classroom, for a petty detention, who was staring at me, confused yet comforted by my presence that gave me the desire to have a life after this year.

Snape was quick to protect the conversation from wary ears by cloaking the parameter of his desk area. "You must know why I called you two."

"To ridicule?"

"Katie Bell, Ronald Weasley, two people you've harmed thus far that are not the target." He sneered putting emphasis on 'not the target', doing exactly as I thought he would.

"Don't you think we know that. We never meant for those two to get incapacitated." Camille spoke, angered by the professors words.

"Your sloppy attempts are drawing attention to the ever growing anticipation around here that a plan has fallen into place. Professors are more aware something is wrong."

"I don't need your help or advice, he didn't choose you, he chose me."

"No more attempts before you get the wardrobe fixed. You wouldn't want anyone else getting hurt." He shifted his eyes to the girl that sat in his room, curiously trying tirelessly to listen in to the conversation.

"Don't you dare bring her into it." I threaten the teacher, raising my voice.

"He will find out, and believe me this," He stepped closer, "If he finds she's the distraction he will show no mercy. You too Miss Kendrick, that Weasley boy is on the line too."

"I said leave them out of this, I was chosen for a reason." I broke free from the confines of the noise barrier, storming out of the classroom and up to the astronomy tower to think.

The idea of her getting hurt or killed because of my mistakes haunted me, I would never let that happen, not to my Ana.

*Analia's POV*

The seasons quickly changed, gone we're the stormy winds that chilled your body to the bone, gone were the powdered snow that littered the ground in patches, gone was the silver sun that seemed to successfully fool everyone into thinking it could bring warmth and comfort.