Chapter 28

"Help. Please."  He was dying, in front of my eyes, there was no one around to help.

I forcefully wiped my tears from my eyes, calming my breathing and scrambled to find my wand. With a shaky voice I uttered the only healing spell I know.

Nothing.

I tried again, speaking louder with more force and determination than last.

Nothing.

He was still bleeding out, my eyes uncontrollably filling with water again I said it once more, it was weak and unbelieving, doubtful that it would work considering it hadn't the first two times I'd tried.

"Help." I screamed once more, crying out for someone to save Draco. Save him from dying. I tried and I failed, I couldn't help him, I needed someone else to do something.

As soon as the realisation that I could lose him forever set in, Snape burst through the bathroom doors, taking in the picture that lay out before him. He stood mouth agape for a second before ushering me out the way and kneeling by Draco's almost lifeless body.

He remained as expression less as he usually is as he performed an incantation I had again never heard before, just like the curse Harry hit Draco with. I felt the breath catch the back of my throat as I watched in confusion, the blood that was once one with the water on the floor, drag back into Draco's body, the wand closing up his wounds as it traced his skin.

"H-How?" I stutter out as Snape's eyes met mine.

"My office... Now." He spoke after finally finishing the spell that healed Draco of his injuries. I shook my head at his request, refusing to leave Draco's side. I held onto his hand tightly, observing his tiny flinches and ticks that continued over his body. He nodded slightly, and left to get Madam Pomfrey.

The hospital wing was empty, no beds apart from Draco's beared a body, he lay asleep, muttering occasionally in quarrels with his own mind. I heard my name a few times being uttered amongst other unrecognised words and phrases. I sat in a less than comfortable armchair watching over him and I vowed not to leave until he was awake.

A few hours later I had drifted off to sleep, leaning my head on his bed, still grasping his hand not wanting to let go. I felt a strong squeeze in the palm of my hand that woke my brief and light slumber, I looked up to meet his eyes staring down at me with a slight smile growing on his pale and exhausted face.

"He-" Before he could even finish the first word I sprung up and wrapped my arms around his neck, pulling myself onto him, burying my head into the crook of his neck. Immediately, his hands slithered around my waist, and pulled me closer to his body than I thought was possible.

"You scared the shit out of me." I mumbled into his skin.

I lift my head and place a delicate kiss on his lips, cupping his face in my hands. An overwhelming feeling of relief flooded my senses knowing he was finally awake, that I hadn't lost him forever.

My eyes brimmed with tears, as I pulled away from his lips, him wincing in pain as I moved. "I'm so sorry, shit, I shouldn't have climbed on you like that, you're probably really sore." I babble, as I take myself away and sit nervously at the edge of his bed.

"Don't worry about it, I can't complain when I get a greeting like that off a beautiful girl." I rolled my eyes at him but couldn't hold in a small giggle.

"You're blushing." He said in a low sleepy voice.

"Am not." I try convince myself.

"Come here." He used his finger to gesture towards himself, telling me to come back to where I once was.