Chapter 23

It had been two weeks away from Hogwarts, two weeks of boredom, I was more than ready to return and get back to my normality. Having had a 'normal' muggle childhood and a chance at being a witch, I can confidently, 100% without a doubt say that muggles are the definition of dull. They're wonderful, yes but compared to the wizarding world, their life feels uneventful and bland.

My mother doesn't understand this, nor would any of my other family members if I were able to tell them. They think their lives of taking a 'spontaneous' trip to the beach is the pinnacle of excitement.

Maybe it's perspective but to me, you could walk the halls of Hogwarts for five minutes and have more excitement and fun than a weeks worth of muggle activities, even the stairs have a character, a mind of their own.

It's safe to say I was perfectly content with the holidays finally ending.

I had written to Cho and Luna a fair few times during the break, trying to reassure them about Draco. None of my letters received a reply, not that I expected one or even deserved one.

I had hoped they'd see the situation from my point of view, see I am happy and hoped that they could put their own thoughts and feelings about Draco aside for my benefit, that they would forgive me for taking the option that could completely break my heart.

These two weeks without my friends has been absolute hell, and I am determined to get them back as soon as possible now. I missed them more than anything, in all six years of knowing them there hasn't been a day we haven't spoken, or waited by the letter box for mail during the holidays. We've never been in a long lasting fight, other than the unfortunate time in second year when me and Cho couldn't decide who got to go to the junior yule ball with Dean Thomas. In the end both of us declined his offer and went together, and had a much better time with each other than we would have if we had gone with Dean.

I would give anything to have them back.

*First Day Back*

I met Will on the platform at Kings Cross on a whim, he was standing alone and I figured I might as well ask how he is. He's always ben available for innocent chit chat scattered throughout school when we both looked lonely and bored.

It has always been fresh and easy to talk and laugh with him, just enjoying each other's company for a few minutes of the day before returning to our own friends.

I remember one night where we sat by the fire for hours, until the sun came up talking about everything, everyone and their mother. There was never any anxiousness talking to Will, it was always lighthearted, I think that's why I walked up to him, because I needed a friendly face who was guaranteed to stop and chat.

He ended up inviting me into his cart along with all his quidditch friends, they were all very passionate about the sport and it was fascinating listening to them explain the game in more depth than I could ever imagine.

On the walk up to the school Wills friends had jumped ahead leaving me and Will to chat.

"How was your holiday? Was it magical? Exciting? "

"Not as magical as being here." I laughed and gestured to the school building.

"That, Ana Banana, is very much correct." He swung his arm over my shoulder and brought me in for a friendly hug.

He had always called me Ana Banana for some reason, I guess because it rhymed, it never felt wrong or uncomfortable to hear, he's said it in front of girlfriends and boyfriends alike and they seemed to have no bother hearing it, so I never really told him to stop, it's just something that happens now. "I can't believe I only have two terms left of this place."