Chapter 14

Possible TW for this chapter, includes scenes that could be sensitive to sexual assault survivors

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cormac didn't speak a word to me on the walk to the party, it was really strange, we walked beside each other silently whilst all the other dates were laughing and chatting.

He was stumbling about the place and had clearly had a good few pre-drinks before this so I held his arm to keep him steady if anything. I felt his other hand slither around my waist, a little too low for comfort, I let it sit there until we got to the party, but I kept a close eye on it making sure it didn't get any lower, I was beginning to get a bad feeling of this night.

I headed straight to the drinks table after the initial greetings, as did Cormac, I was filling up my cup with a punch which had been charmed to taste like your favourite drink when I saw Cormac take out a large hip flask and poured it's contents into his cup with his hand shaking all over the place;

"You know you're going to have to be more discrete than that." I say nodding towards the flask which smelled as if it had some sort of straight spirit in it. He had it held in plain view of everyone, not caring who saw.

"You want some or not Ana?" He spat out. It was the first time he had ever called me that and for some reason it irked me, it didn't sound the same as it did when Draco said it. When Cormac said it, it was cold, it felt weird and uncomfortable, the complete opposite to when Draco says it.

"Of course, bring it on McLaggen." I nodded and handed over my cup where he poured a generous couple of shots into my drink, I'm very glad this is charmed to taste like anything I want because whatever he has in that flask stinks.

I sipped my drink quite fast so the alcohol would take affect quicker while making my way around the party, talking and laughing with my friends. Sure enough Ginny and Dean kept their distance from each other, Dean actually kept Cormac company over at the drinks table for most of the night.

It worried me how intoxicated he was getting, we hadn't spent any of the party together because he was being repulsive to speak too, talking over me, not listening, blatantly ignoring me. I eventually walked away shocked at his attitude.

After a few more drinks that were being passed around the room, I was beginning to feel a bit giggly when I felt a hand on my waist pulling me quickly behind the curtains so we couldn't be seen by the party. It was a blur in font of my eyes and as they adjusted to my surroundings a familiar face appeared inches from mine.

"I can't believe you actually came with him" Draco said breaking the silence and sounding very mad. His hand was still on my waist and it replaced the feeling of McLaggen's hand which had once rested in that exact spot.

"And I can't believe you came at all, I thought this was invite only." I fired back, it begged the question of why he was here. For some reason I didn't mind it, I actually kind of liked that he was here, I felt instantly more comfortable knowing his presence.

"I was just in the area." He says raising an eyebrow.

"And you decided to pop in for a chat?" I questioned him. 

"Just checking prince charming isn't trying anything." He says as a look of disgust appeared on his face.

"Careful Draco, you're sounding awfully jealous right now." I brought my hand up to his chest and dragged my fingers down his black jacket and onto the rim of his belt, teasing him ever so slightly.

"Jealous? Ana, I don't get jealous." He rolled his eyes at me taking my wrist and pinning it to the window. "And certainly not by McLaggen."

A sly smirk emerged on his face, glancing at my lips quickly before returning his gaze to my eyes.