Chapter 17

For the first time in a week I had a good night sleep, a peaceful, uninterrupted 8 hour sleep, no bad dreams, no crying nothing. I was exhausted and I deserved it. I didn't know how tired I was until my head hit the pillow, I was out like a light within seconds.

Luna and Cho were surprised to see me back at the dorm so soon after dinner, they didn't bother asking but I think they figured by Draco's presence at the common room door, that everything was somewhat sorted out.

I woke feeling light the next morning, like I had nothing to worry about or fear, however that couldn't be further from the truth. I still hadn't seen McLaggen since the fight and until today I have been able to avoid him in corridors and classes, changing my routes so that I don't bump into him.

Today, however, I had no choice but to face him, he had a class across from mine at the exact same time. Whether I'd see him before of after that class is undetermined but it would be one or the other.

Luna held my hand all the way to our first class, we sat down and I filled her in on what happened last night with Draco. She was understanding when I said me and Draco were still friends, she knew that we couldn't go back to being strangers, we had been through too much to ever consider that an option.

But she did tell me to be careful, and she'd always be there for me if I needed it. I swear she is the best person in the world.

Pansey caught my eye durning class, when she was being overly flirty with Draco, he didn't seem to mind, he sat there entertaining her but not fully flirting back, it looked like he was bored out his mind, like he was only talking to her to avoid silence.

I pulled my stares away from them to look at the board and tuned my ears to what the teacher was saying. Although he had every right to flirt with Pansey, I didn't have to like it and I certainly didn't have to watch it unfold in front of my eyes.

My nerves grew and grew over lunch because next class it was almost confirmed that I'd see Cormac.

My heart beat was racing as I walked to my class, what's worse is that Luna and Cho were in a completely different end of the school, at least if they were here I'd have some moral support but I'd have to do this all alone. Before they left they shared some encouraging words which I held close in my mind however they melted as soon as I saw McLaggen.

He strolled around the corner, surrounded by friends just as I was about to make it into the classroom. He instantly locked eyes with me and nodded over to the side of the hall, telling me to meet him over there.

My hands were clammy and there was a lump in my throat but I walked over there with my head held high.

"So what time am I picking you up tomorrow night?" He spoke with aggression in his voice, this was a completely different guy to who I liked at the start, he's changed so much.

"What?" I question him, he surely can't be talking about the dance.

"The ball? You're still my date." It wasn't a question, it was an order, like I didn't have a choice in the matter. But I did.

"I most certainly am not." I cross my arms, stunned by his bravery. Who does he think he is acting like this, treating me like shit and then taking me to the dance like nothing happened.

"Look if this is about Slughorn's then just get over it. We'll have more fun tomorrow." He brushed my answer aside, trying to convince me to go. His attitude repulsed me.

"I won't just forget about it, and I will not go to the dance with you either. Entitled prick."

"What the hell, you can't do that." He stood back.