Chapter 19

"I still have some of that bourbon left."

I rolled my eyes at the thought. We stopped on the stairs not knowing whether to go up or down, I'd either go back to my dorm and fall asleep, ending the night on an amazing note, having danced and laughed, or I could have a drink with Draco, a risky move if we want to stay just friends.

The last few intoxicated students were now making their way out of the hall and back to their separate dorms, pushing through me and Draco blocking the staircase.

"I thought we finished the bottle that night." I say trying to remember, I wasn't drunk that night but I'd had a fair few shots of the liquor.

"Not quite." hHe laughed "I stopped you before you got ahead of yourself." I swatted his arm with the back of my hand and my jaw dropped.

"You have some cheek saying that." He looked me up and down.

"Only with you." He stole a quick kiss on my lips and bolted down the stairs daring me to chase him. It happened so fast I didn't even register that he'd kissed me.

I narrowed my eyes at him and sped quickly down the stairs after him. The halls were deserted, eerie with only the sound of our footsteps and panting masking the deathly silence that the school had fallen into.

The chilly wind brushed past my arms as I ran through the corridors to the Slytherin common room deep in the castle. By the time I had caught up I was at Dracos door while he was fiddling with the lock trying to get it open.

"Do you want some help with that?" I asked condescendingly, watching him struggle tirelessly with the lock. "There's a spell that could speed up the process."

"Don't patronise me missy." I laughed at him when finally the door unlocked and he swung it open with force.

He stepped aside ushering me in first as if he were some gentleman, I stepped inside as his smell flooded my senses, I walked over to the desk, pulling a chair out for me to sit on and take my shoes off. My feet were killing me in those heels and I was so glad to have them off my feet.

Draco rummaged around his drawers looking for the bottle which he had hidden deep amongst his clothes in case by some chance there was a surprise inspection.

He pulled out a half full bottle of bourbon a few seconds later and held it up raising his eyebrows with a suggestive smile carved on his face. He brought the bottle over and handed it to me so I could take the first drink. I choked the bitter mouth down scrunching my face up in disgust as Draco stood and laughed.

"I thought we agreed that next time we did this, you'd have something better than bourbon." He sat down on a chair opposite me running his hand through his tousled hair. He let out a deep sigh as he slumped into his seat.

"You haven't given me much hope that there would be a next time." He said taking a big sip of the fiery drink.

"Well can you blame me? We don't really work after all. We always seem to be in some kind of argument." I say, it was the truth, we have, in one way or another been in an argument constantly since after the astronomy tower, one of us has always been mad at the other.

"We haven't really tried to make us work." He suggests, is there an us? You can't make something work if you don't know what you are,

"We said just friends Draco." I reminded him.

"And I don't want to be just friends with you, I can't be just friends with you." I froze for a second, I was speechless, does that mean he likes me?

It had to, he can't be friends with me and in all honesty, I couldn't be friends with him either, too much has happened for us to go anywhere near 'just friends'. I waited another few seconds to reply, looking at his eyes that were begging me to say the same thing.