Chapter 27

"Do you still want me to come back to yours?" I almost yell above the chattering students that crowded the central corridors we'd made it back too. 

"Of course, why wouldn't I?" He looked back concerned, thinking I had changed my mind about spending the rest of the day with him.

"You just seem really tense, like you needed to be alone."

"I'll never want to be alone as long as you're around."

We continued through the halls and down to the dungeons to the Slytherin common room, making small talk with a couple of classmates before escaping to Draco's dorm room.

No matter how many times I walk into his room I will always be speechless at its beauty. From the timeless dark emerald aesthetic to the endless rolling hills that stood in view from his window, letting in a blindingly contrasting stream of light. The coolness of the room soothed me, bringing a fresh feeling to the old, sometimes musty castle.

"Done admiring?"

"Never." I say twirling in my spot, holding my arms out for balance.

In an instant Draco swooped me up, arms wrapped around my waist and spun me round high above his head so I could feel more free. I laugh, closing my eyes living in the moment, he lowered me down slowly, his hands not leaving my hips as I sunk smaller than him with a smile beaming from ear to ear. I had never seen him so happy than in this moment, he lent down and placed a long slow kiss, breathing something inaudible into my lips.

"God I love..." He mumbled the ending away.

"What?" I pull back, startled at what I thought I just heard.

"I love... the view." He turned suddenly to face the window, walking over embarrassed and awkward that the close encounter. "You're right, the view is beautiful, all the time, I can never get enough of it."

"Right... the view." I say slightly disappointed that I didn't hear what I thought. "If it means anything..." I walk over interlocking my hands with his "I love the view too." His face blushed pink as a slight smile tucked at the corners of his lips.

I wasn't 100% sure whether he there was a deeper meaning behind his words but there most certainly was with mine.

We laughed and talked like there was no tomorrow, watching the sun set behind the hills, before long it was curfew.

"I better get going, it's getting late." I stand up to leave.

"You could just stay." Draco sat up on his bed, suggesting his bed was better than mines tonight.

"You know I can't."

"It's not like you haven't before." He stood up and sauntered over with a smirk frowning on his face remembering the last time I spent the night.

"Draco..." I huffed.

"Give me one good reason."

"Filch." I fire, crossing my arms.

"Worry about him in the morning, next." He shrugged.

"Ok I have no toothbrush."

"I have spares, next." Nodding towards the bathroom.

"I don't have a change of clothes."

"Wear mine, they look better on you anyway." He rattled off comebacks to every one of my not so good reasons.

"I-" He cut me off with a light kiss.

"Face it you don't have any reason to go, come on I'll make it worth your while." He said raising an eyebrow