11] We Lost The Battle Not The War EDITED

|| Recap ||

"It's not his fault. Good dragons under the control of bad people ... do bad things."

Cloudpounce snapped back under the alpha's control, as did the other riders' dragons. They all took off as Rava chased after her precious stormcutter. She begged for him to come back, crying out his name.

"CLOUDPOUNCE!"

Eret chased after her, holding her back, "Don't ... You end up hurting yourself." Her heart hurt. Drago officially won. The sky painted with dragons soon died down as they were the only ones left on the island.

That's it ... they lost.

———————————————————————————————

After the battle with Drago and his men, the defenders of Berk woefully prepared for their beloved chief's funeral. This island's once-white snow has been splattered with countless weapons and dragon blood. On the opposite side of the island is where the Vikings traveled to perform their burial ritual.

Gobber, Fishlegs, Hiccup, and Tuffnut laid his body on a slab of wood to hold him up and carry him as their chief. They prepared one of the abandoned boats on the shore, clearing the ship the best they could.

Each rider, and even Eret, did their part to pay their respects. Valka laid her long-lost love down one last time before draping a white tattered cloth over her late husband's body. Gobber rested the chief's helmet on Stoick's still-cold body before saying his goodbyes.

The air seemed cold and harsh as the Vikings of Berk mourned the death of their cherished chief, father, and friend. They all heartbrokenly pushed the boat further into the water, letting the soft waters take him away. Gobber now started the ceremony with the traditional speech of kings.

"May the Valkiyres welcome you."

Each person grabs an arrow, preparing their bow

Each person grabs an arrow, preparing their bow. In one uniformed line, everyone stood side by side, watching Stoick's ship slowly drift away. Rava's hand trembled while Eret observed, placing a gentle hand on her shoulder, then paused, brushing her locked hair out of her face and gifting her a reassuring and comfortable nod.

"And lead you through Odin's great battlefield."

Her face hardened, jaws clenched, and tears threatened to spill, as did almost everyone else's. Rav bit my cheek, struggling to fight back the nagging waterworks. Her hands gripped the bow tighter as she listened to this heartbreaking speech, gazing at the dim and muddy horizon.