17]Envy Doesn't Look Good On You EDITED

[A/N: For those who don't know what the thunderear is, it's the Horn that the bewilderbeast destroyed in the 2nd movie. The thunder ear is rebuilt in new Gronkle iron. It just mentions it in the chapter. This will also be one hell of a long chapter. I just wanted to let you little Dragon Riders know.]

|| Recap || 

He sees the hurt that his people have caused her. He can see the small glimpses of hurt in her eyes that dragon hunters and trappers have done to her. But alas, Eret thought of her as a whole package, the perfect bunch. Perfectly imperfect. But he does question if he should wait for so long. As everyone knows, Eret is a charming man, and there is a long line of women that will fall at his feet. Maybe something might bring them closer together? Maybe, but in the relationship, they hold that Rava isn't letting herself love again.

So what can Eret do to make those open wounds close and heal, and when will Rava see that it's okay to let these things go and allow herself to love once again?

———————————————————————————

After the day with Rava and the other girls, they had yet another dragon race. This race was more of a competition between Astrid, the twins, and Rava since they are the only ones really playing for themselves. Now, today was going to be a mini surprise. Though Rava doesn't really allow herself to love someone nor really show discomfort outside of the gang, today's jealousy doesn't look very good on her. 

She may not know she is jealous, but oh my Thor, her besties can read every bit of envy plastered on her face. It was a bright and early morning, as always, and everybody but one was fast asleep—well, all but our snow-haired friend. She and her four-winged dragon soared through Berk's crisp, fresh, and salty atmosphere before she went to compete in the day's race.

Both dragon and rider do tricks and flips through the air, having their special bonding time. Rava sighs happily, freefalling in the air just waiting for Clodpounce to catch her. And yet again, like every other time, he catches his rider with ease. She kneels on her dragon's neck, throwing her arms back like she has wings of her own. She takes a deep breath of the summer air, loving the fresh, crisp aroma. "This is what it is to be a dragon, Cloudpounce. To roam where ever you please, to soar through the skies, being untamed, to be ... Free." The girl sighs dreamily and freely.

The titan-wing glances at his rider and gives a fond gurgle in agreement. Both continued to do their early morning flights until it was about time for the other racers to get ready. She and Cloudpounce headed back to the stables to do some final touches. Rava had already painted her Stormcutter to match her face paint the night before, so she could just fix small mistakes. She quickly got her face paint on, making sure it was on point, then fanning her face to quicken the drying process.

Both Rava and Cloudpounce made their way to the starting line as she heard the horns ring through the air. She took her place next to Astrid, chatting before starting. The two had their small talk until she glanced over at me and smirked. Rava gave a confused look at her warrior friend. Astrid started smirking at Rava or something, rather something near her. Her face demonstrated her confusion while shrugging it off. They started talking about the weather, their favorite battle tactics, and other basic small talk.

"Looks like you have a fan base, RaRa." Hofferson quipped as Rava furrowed her brows. Turning around, her gaze focused on Dagur, Mala, and Eret, all with her face paint colors. Eret painted over his chin tattoo and three lines across his right eye. Dagur and Mala had purple and yellow dots painted under their eyes, with an arrow on their heads like Rava. She took a good and long look at Eret, who was smiling brightly at the stormcutter's rider.