21] Remember To always be true EDITED

|| Recap ||

Her eyes squeezed shut, not daring to look him in the eyes. "Please... I just need more time. Go... go do what you want for all I care. Where you sleep around, it's none of my business." Rava stated this coldly to silence Eret's voice.

Deep down, she wanted every bit of him, but a small part of her still dwells in his past and her fear. Eret's eyes grazed the sand before he softly sighed, very understanding but nonetheless still hurt, "See you later, Princess."

And with that entire conversation ending, he whistled for his rumblehorn and took off. She watched him fly off, feeling a guilty and stinking ping in her heart while an odd burning and cooling sensation ran over her body.

An odd dichotomy indeed.

...

"If I truly don't care what is this pain in my chest.."

——————————————————————————

After Rava dismissed Eret from her quote-on-quote training, she cleaned up her stuff. Rava had had little encounters with the young man throughout the day but didn't act on anything but pure diplomacy. Guilt slowly ate away at her since she knew she was the problem and that she was the only one who could put these issues and feelings to rest.

She didn't want another heartbreak and didn't know what to do about these foreboding desires. She lived with only dragons for a good amount of time, so her 'human social skills' aren't up to par. But getting over her fears is more of a problem.

In her eyes, there is no certainty that she will be completely free from any type of heartbreak or conflict. She thinks it's wrong to like him, especially given his history with dragons. But at the same time, it's the name of the game. You won't always be happy or get along with your partner.

It's impossible; sometimes you're going to butt heads with the people you love, and it's unrealistic to think one will always be happy with the other all day, every day, and every minute for the rest of their lives.

But to overcome them and navigate through the ups and downs again is the part that Rava must learn. To take the good with the bad and vice versa in a healthy manner. After having her little break from Eret, she decided to have a quick and early dinner despite it only being midday.

Rava retreated to the beach, deciding to eat there so she could be alone and reflect. Her gaze glossed over with a look of uncertainty and conflict. This time, she wants to be sure of what she wants and be realistic. Rava wanted to make the best, most informed decision to finally put this emotional conflict to rest.

Rava crashed into the tent Eret made for her, nuzzling into the furs, trying to clear her mind and just doze off into a deep sleep. She took deep breaths, slowly exhaling while cuddling her blankets deeper. "Relax, Rava; just sleep. Just sleep it off." She mumbles to herself, softly closing her eyes and repeating her breathing until her clouded mind clears.

Slowly but surely slipping out of consciousness.

 Where reality no longer can dawn on her mind.