18] I Am NOT Jealous EDITED

[A/N: This is Part two of the last chapter, aka chapter 17.]

|| Recap ||

"You and Starla look at each other like you two are going to kill each other. And that's beside the point; I expected more out of you. " He chastised in disappointment, "Jealousy does not look good on you." He added, while one of Rava's eyes just twitched.

Her mind went on pause, dwelling on the statement. "Did he just ... accuse me of being jealous of that cross-eyed bucktooth attention fucknut?"

The two Vikings eventually got to the arena, while Eret gently put that gremlin down on the ground. "We need to talk, Rava." That was the first time he called her by her real name. She gritted her teeth and scowled, crossing her arms.

There is nothing to talk about, especially if you think I'm jealous of some girl!"

To Be Continued ...

———————————————————————————

She crossed her arms with a scow, glaring at the man. He sat her down on some crates, giving the girl an equally stern look. "Do you really find it necessary to get into a fistfight with a girl you just met? Like honestly, what is the matter with you? " He chides.

Rava rolled her eyes and scoffed, "Oh, drop the act! She attacked me first! It's not my fault she's been hoeing around with you and picking fights. The girl who calls you her precious 'Daddy-Kins'? The very woman who is going to ride and then dip? " She mocked him innocently. He shifts uncomfortably. "You may be our chief's adviser, an extraordinary warrior, and an amazing leader, but that does not give you the right to be rude to everyone all the time." Her eyes twitched while she stood up, shouting at him.

"BITCH, what in the gods' heaven and earth do you mean that I'm being rude?" She snapped at him, getting off the crates. This was turning into a screaming match between the two. Rava never realized that Eret would--well, talk back, let alone fight back. He put up with so much of her nonsense that she didn't think a fight between some girls would bother him.

They continued to argue to the point that Ruff, Tuff, and Snotlout literally heard the duo shouting and watching from the stands for a good thirty minutes. One line, though, put the screaming to a halt, causing her to freeze.

"How are you not jealous?! You consistently insist that you are not jealous of Starla, yet you continuously try to fight her just because she breathes next to me? " He shouted at her, sitting down at the table. She abruptly stopped yelling and stared blankly at his silhouette. He gaze traveled down, eyes flickering from side to side, attempting to figure out what to say.

"Riddle me this, Smartass. How can I be envious of someone who is not my competitor? I have status, strength, skill, and everything I could ever want, let alone need! Why would I be jealous of that Karen attention-seeking cock-blocking tramp who just consistently smothers you? " She shouted, not really helping her case. Eret groans in frustration. Tuffnut, Ruffnut, and Snotlout now enter the conversation, potentially adding more oil to the fire. For once, Snotlout isn't trying to one-up Eret but instead sides with him.

"You gotta face it, Rava. You are jealous. Even I can see it, and I am a muttonhead." She flicks him off at his statement while growling. Ruffnut and Tuffnut look at each other and nod. "I have no reason to be jealous of someone who is no competition." She seethed in her stance, turning her back on them. 

Ruffnut lays a gentle hand on her shoulder. She was showing her sweet side to Rava, which is usually needed in these situations. "Rava, explain how you feel about Starla to me and Tuff." Tuff smiled and nodded at her. Her green gaze hesitantly traveled to the others. Tuffnut harshly grabbed her face before she could be dishonest. "Nu-ah, look at us. Not them. Talk to us if it's just us. Like we always do." He affirms She nodded and took her seat on a crate. 

Her gaze glued down to the stone floor, snapping her fingers to signal the two to sit. She quickly took out the ribbon and pinned up her hair, then ruffled her locs. "You know the drill. If we are going to do this, we gonna do this right. " She expressed grumpily.

Ruff and Tuff sit behind her and each takes a section of her hair, playing with the locks. Rava always loved it when people played with her hair. It brought a sense of comfort and safety. "Now speak your mind, fair warrior queen." Tuffnut sarcastically cooed. He and his weird nicknames never failed to make her smile.

"Yeah, Ravaie." Snortlout encourages, taking a seat next to his warrior princess. She parted her lips and glanced at Eret. Snotlout taps the woman's cheek twice. "Aye eyes over here. Pretend it's just us. You always like hanging out with us." She nodded and took a deep breath. "I don't like Starla. Plain and simple. " Ruff tugs on the hair, glaring. "Spit it out, Rava, or I and Tuff will pull the worst Loki prank on you." She threatens to earn a whine out of her.

"I don't like how she always pushes me out of the picture when I'm with Eret. It makes me feel a certain way when she puts the attention on herself. It's just me and his time and it keeps getting interrupted. " She muttered while fidgeting with her thumbs. "Jealousy is an ugly color. Especially on you, Rava. " Snotlout smugly remarks as she gives him a deadly glare. 

"What do you mean? I have to keep telling you guys I'm not jealous. I have no reason to be jealous. I'm better than jealousy! " She lashes out, ripping her hair away from them. Eret soon shoos the twins from behind her and sits in their spots, taking a locs of hair and braiding it together, "Rava, do you know what jealousy is?" He questioned in an uncomfortably serene manner, which only made her body tense.

"Of course I do." The distressed girl hesitantly yet weakly grumbled. "Is this feeling you felt when I was with Starla, foreign to you?" He asks quietly, continuing to play with her hair. "What are you trying to get at, because if I have to re-" Eret interrupts her in mid-sentence. "Love, What you just described was jealousy. I think you don't fully understand what you are feeling. "

Rava stayed silent, starting to tremble because she really didn't know if she was lying to herself or not. She didn't know what to say really. She had never been wrong about her gut, but this time it startled her.

"Love?"

She tried to stay still, studying the events of the day. Every encounter, reaction, and outcome, specifically her words.

"Was I really being jealous? Envy is such a foreign thing to me."

Her thoughts filtered through her mind, making her uneasy and blue. She stood up and accompanied the exit of the arena. "Where do you think you are going, Missy?" Snotlout sassed. Rava's gaze traveled over her shoulder, "We are no longer having this conversation. Just ... just leave it alone. Forgot about what I said. "

She strolls out without glancing back, marching to the forest. The only place worth going to was the cove. Only inches away from the forest, Rava broke down, getting teary-eyed. Rava had made a fool of herself in front of her entire team, all over a girl that contributed nothing to her life. Rava realized that her friends, the people she deemed family, were right. A jealous bee who lost the best bunch of flowers

An annoyed and frustrated holler rang through the air while she yanked on her messy platinum locs. She lands on her knees in the calm and serene cove. Her nails dug into her skull, trying to quiet her thoughts and push away such guilty and envious feelings. Her face fell into the comfort of her knees, burying herself deep into space, loosening her death grip on her hair. "Damn you ... You are right about me. Just a jealous pathetic little girl. " Her eyes leaked away the blues while murmuring woefully.

"I fucking fell for that gorgeous son of a bitch."