𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟹 - 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙾𝚋𝚜𝚎𝚜𝚜𝚒𝚟𝚎 𝚂𝚌𝚒𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚒𝚜𝚝

𝚈/𝚗'𝚜 𝙿𝙾𝚅

"I didn't think we'd be running the whole way."

"How else are we gonna get there?"

"You guys are so mean!" I shouted, they stopped and realized that I was literally a kilometer apart from them.

Genos immediately runs back to me while Onii-chan just stood there, waiting.

"If you don't mind." Genos picked me up, princess style, and we continued to make our way to this 'House of Evolution'. His speed is incredible!

"Hey, put her down." Onii-chan shot a glare at Genos who immediately obliged and placed me down gently.

Once we have arrived, Genos destroys the above ground facility with a single blast before we headed underground.

"This basement is huge! I'm getting kind of fired up." Onii-chan seemed excited. He rarely gets excited, so this makes me kinda glad.

"I wonder why they had to make it this humongous though." I muttered to myself.

Genos, who had been walking next to me to my right, suddenly came to a halt as he stared at the darkness in front of us.

"Is something wrong, Genos?" I asked, stopping in my tracks as well, Onii-chan followed after.

"I sense living beings further ahead. Two of them are approaching!" Genos shouted. We then heard glass shattering in the direction Genos had told us.

"Oh, here we go! There are three. Which one is it?"

"The one on the right..."

A massive being that towered over us came running towards us with a man in his hand.

His body had many characteristics resembling a beetle, including a thick exoskeleton, a pair of wings encased by elytra, and a large horn on his head, similar to that of a rhinoceros beetle. He had large spikes on his arms and legs.

The man that he is holding has sharp features with blue eyes and black hair parted on the right. He wears rectangular glasses.

"In that case, you don't need the two on the left!" the massive being referred to Genos and I.

Genos stood in front of me in a protective manner and got into a stance, but we were both pushed off into the wall.

My shield activated before it could damage the both of us, so we were safe. I didn't consider Genos as a threat, so he didn't melt away like that creature did.

"I am Carnage Kabuto. We got a combat experimentation room. Let's do this in there." Carnage Kabuto suggested.

"You made Genos unconscious and almost hurt my little sister. Fight's on!" Onii-chan and Carnage Kabuto, along with the man, left.

I turned to Genos in worry and saw that he was unconscious. I would go after Onii-chan, but I also don't want to leave Genos here.

But even if I did go after Onii-chan, I would just egt lost and make this g even more complicated, so it would be best if I just stayed here with Genos.

I'm going to wait until Genos wakes up. I'm sure Onii-chan wouldn't want me to get involved with that massive being, so I'll just stay here.

A few minutes have passed and Genos scared the daylights out of me by sitting straight up without warning.

"Y/n-sama, what are you doing here?" Genos questioned. His face is all cracked up...

"Yeah, about that...I kinda forgot. All I do remember is that we Onii-chan is going to be fighting some kind of creature named Cabbage Kabuto." I recalled, accidentally getting the first name wrong.