𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟸𝟹 - 𝙱𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚑𝚍𝚊𝚢

𝚈/𝚗'𝚜 𝙿𝙾𝚅

"Who's there?!" a man shouted, sitting up from the couch.

"What do you want?" he growled, jumping in front of me. His large and tall figure towered over my small frame.

"It's me, Y/n. You told me to meet you up here." I showed the screen of my phone that displayed a little reminder.

"Huh? Oh, hey. It's you, Little Missy. You're the little girl who healed my wounds yesterday." Garou relaxed.

"I did? I guess I did. Plus, stop calling me 'Little Missy' and 'little girl'. I'm older than you now." I reminded.

"Oh, yeah, you're 19 now. That reminds me, I have a little surprise for you." he said, walking over somewhere and grabbing something.

He held up a little plate with a mini cake on top of it. There was also a single candle.

"I didn't have enough money to buy you a real cake so I just went with whatever. Consider it as a 'thank you' gift." he said, lighting the candle.

"Garou...you didn't have to." I smiled at the cake.

"Well, I wanted to." he replied.

"Go ahead, make a wish or whatever you do during birthdays." he ushered. A wish, huh?

I closed my eyes and wished for something. After I was done, I opened my eyes and blew the candle.

"My wish is to be with the people I love forever."

"What'd you wish for?" Garou inquired, cutting the cake and placing it on another plate.

"If I tell you my wish, then it won't come true." I refused to tell him my wish. He handed the plate with a slice of cake to me.

"You seriously believe in those kinds of stuff, Little Missy?" he scoffed, sitting down on the couch.

"Well, yeah!" I exclaimed, sitting down next to him.

"You aren't gonna eat some?" I asked, realizing that he wasn't eating the cake that he bought for me.

"Nah, I'm not a fan of sweets." he replied.

"Oh, how's your fever doing? Your wounds seem to be better." I commented, taking a bite of the cake.

"I feel better than yesterday, that's for sure." he answered, watching as I placed my palm on top of his forehead.

It seems like his fever is going down. At this rate, he might not be able to move much for the next couple of days.

I guess I'll just visit him before and after school to check up on his fever. I'll keep visiting until his fever gets better.

"It might take a few days until your fever completely disappears." I informed, retracting my hand back.

"This fever really loves me, huh?" he laughed before clutching his stomach with both of his hands.

"Laughing makes my wounds hurt." he recalled. I looked at him in worry.

"Oh yeah, I have something else I want to give you. Consider it as your birthday gift." he was about to grab something from his pocket until he paused.

He swiftly stood up and made his way to the door. He slid it slightly to the side and peeked through the tiny gap.

"Is something wrong?" I asked.

"We're surrounded. Hey, Little Missy, do you know those creeps out there?" he questioned me.

I peeked through the tiny gap and saw at least 8 heroes standing outside, they seemed ready to fight.