𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟶 - 𝚄𝚗𝚢𝚒𝚎𝚕𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝙹𝚞𝚜𝚝𝚒𝚌𝚎

𝟹𝚛𝚍 𝙿𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚘𝚗 𝙿𝙾𝚅

Genos initiates battle, and seemingly defeats the monster with a massive attack.

"Was that the last of them?" Genos questions the people who had their mouths agape.

"Wow!"

"Amazing!"

"Awesome!"

The crowd cheered. The evacuees must have been desperate to react in such a way.

However, Genos lets his guard down and gets one of his arms ripped off. Y/n turned around and her eyes widened when she saw Genos laying on the ground, next to her.

"Now I'm angry. I'm gonna tear you to shreds!" the Deep Sea King shouted.

"I let my guard down again. I never learn." Genos groaned. Y/n gasped and bent down to help Genos. Genos stood up with the support of Y/n.

Genos tells the people to run while he distracts the monster, since victory is no longer assured.

"I cannot promise I will win. Run, while I keep him busy!" he demanded.

"Genos! I'll handle him, run away as well!" Y/n argued, not wanting him to fight with those injuries.

"I'm going to be fine, Y/n-sama. Please evacuate the citizens. I'm counting on you." he ruffled Y/n's hair before launching himself at the Deep Sea King.

Y/n wanted to protest and stop him, but what he said stopped her from doing so. Plus, Y/n has a weakness for headpats, so she couldn't decline.

Genos was counting on her, she's not going to let him down by being a whiny brat who's going to get in his way.

That's right. She has to evacuate the citizens and ensure their safety. She has to protect them at all costs.

"Please be careful, Genos. Let's go home together like usual." Y/n whispered before turning to the citizens.

"Everyone who can still walk, please follow me! I will ensure your safety!" Y/n shouted, using sign language as well for those who cannot hear her words.

Those who noticed her immediately obliged and followed every single one of her instructions.

Y/n turned around to check up on Genos. He was giving it his all in his battle with the Deep Sea King.

"You can do it!" Y/n encouraged, seeing Genos struggling against the Deep Sea King.

Those simple words of motivation from Y/n, stimulated Genos. He wanted to give it his all, finish everything in one blow.

"That girl over there seems very special to you. I can tell by the way you looked at her." the Deep Sea King smirked.

"What of it?" Genos growled, dodging a punch from him and delivering his own punch as well.

"I wonder what face you'll give me if I melt her with this." the Deep Sea King launches a glob of acid at Y/n who managed to evacuate most of the citizens.

"Y/n-sama!" Y/n heard. She turned around and saw the glob of acid making her way towards her.

She didn't worry much, since she knew her shield could protect her from it.

Without thinking, Genos intercepts and shields Y/n from the acid, which melts his bionic body, nearly killing him.

Genos knew that Y/n could protect herself with her shield, he knew that and yet...he still protected her without thinking.