40

Taehyung's P.O.V

After my days off from the trip, today was the day I got back to work and so with all the anxiousness in the world I dragged my feet to work and drop off my stuff at the office. I feel extremely surprised when I see the office empty, Namjoon clearly hadn't arrived seeing how his desk was empty, I could see a cup of coffee on Yoongi's desk so he had to be somewhere and Jimin's briefcase was also on the grey-haired boy's desk.

"What?" I waited a bit, but no one came, frustrated and not able to concentrate, I went to the kitchen. I was approaching the door when I heard two employees talking, I knew I should have come in and interrupted them, but I decided to wait and listen.

"So did you hear? Apparently someone from the finance department is going to be leaving" One of them said.

"Really?" The other gasped.

"Yeah, I saw Jimin in the boss's office this morning" 

"I doubt he's the one leaving, everyone loves him" 

"Yeah and it's not going to be Min Yoongi either, he's friends with the boss" The taller one shrugged.

"Gotta be Taehyung then"

"Shit, I hope not" He frowned and sighed.

"Poor guy, it's got to be tough getting fired" 

"Can you imagine?" The other shook his head and rested himself against the counter.

F-Fired? Me? Was Jungkook really going to let our relationship mess with work? No, he wouldn't. He's not like that, he knows better than to mix his work and his private life. Right?

It's amazing how something you hear can make you doubt everything you thought you knew. Jimin didn't warn me, no one in the company did and Jungkook...

I dropped my head down, I didn't know what to think. I thought Jungkook was the greatest boss ever, he forgave, gave second chances and treated everyone so well, how could I have been so mistaken? I guess Hongjoong was right, the risks of dating someone from work are too high. I thought it was worth it, I thought I could endure all the pressure at work from having to hide our relationship and all the rest as long as I knew I meant something more to Jungkook, but I guess I'm just a regular employee that creates trouble for him.

I feel tears prickle my eyes and furiously wipe them before they can fall. I couldn't start crying here not yet, not now. I breathe deeply and get back to the office, this time I see Yoongi at his desk, the other two however are still no where to be seen.

"Oh, good morning, Taehyung"

"Good morning" So not a good morning I think as I sit down, I don't bother asking him about Namjoon or Jimin, I just got to work. 

I can feel him steal glances at me every five minutes but pretend not to, clearly he knows something. 

++++

Three hours had gone by and Jimin still hadn't come back, where was he?? 

At lunch I grab a sandwich from the vending machine and go eat lunch by myself at the park in front of the building. I see employees getting in and out of the building and sigh, I was going to miss working here, I really liked it...

At some point I see a beautiful black Audi park in front of the entrance and recognize Seokjin getting out of it. What was the son of Kim Consolidated's CEO doing here? Even worst, what was Namjoon's boyfriend doing here?? Looking closer, I see a tall ravenette exit the building and greet the man.

"Jungkook?" I whisper.

The two-man smiled and shook hands before both entering the building. What the hell was going on? Since when do those two even know each other? I look at my watch, I still had twenty minutes before my lunch ended, I walked back into the lobby and look around until my eyes fell onto a special someone. I smile and make my way over to where my friend is sitting on his phone on one of the couches.

"Hoseok hyung" I say with a smile.

"Tae! H-hi, I didn't see you there. So, what's up?"

"Not much, everything's great"

"Well I'd love to stay and chat, but I have a big meeting right after lunch and I have to work on my speech, see you later Tae" I blink as I watched my friend walk away. What the hell was that?

 This time anger rushed through me as I furrowed my eyebrows and got up. So what, is everyone aware that I'm getting fired and avoiding me? Rosé hasn't spoken to me today either, should I go see her? No, she'd probably just find an excuse to leave like Hoseok hyung did.

I groan and go up to my office, as I open the door I notice it is once again empty. I rub my temple in frustration, could this day get any weirder? I decide to focus on my work so I can finish early and head on home. Five minutes after I sat down I hear a knock. How weird, the others never knock. I get up and open the door.

"Jungkook?"

"Hello Taehyung, can I talk to you?"

"S-sure" This is it I think as I look at the folder in his hands, he's firing me today and in my own office! I see him bring Yoongi's chair next to mine as we both sit down.

"How can you do this to me?" I ask straight away.

"Do what?"

"Fire me!" I yell.

"Fire you?" He repeats with a confused face.

"Just because we have a fight you decide to get rid of me? I thought we were beyond that..."

"We are. Taehyung, who said anything about firing you?" I see him quirk an eyebrow and scoff.

"Oh come on, I heard them saying that someone was "leaving the department" wha-"

"Yes Namjoon is-" Jungkook says with a confused look.

"YOU'RE FIRING NAMJOON??!"

"Who said anything about firing???" Jungkook asks completely lost.

"Huh?" I scrunch up my face and shake my head.

"No one is getting fired, Tae"

"B-but then what is happening, why is he leaving? What about me?" I say quickly.

"Namjoon got promoted and so he is indeed leaving this department"

"Ohhh" I look down feeling utterly embarrassed.

"As for you, I actually wanted to talk to you about promoting you as well" My head shot up as I see him smile slightly. Did I hear him well?

"P-Promote me?"

"Well with Namjoon gone, I want you to take his place as head of the department"

"Me?" I open my eyes wide not expecting that kind of news.

"Well yes, I would never let Yoongi run it, he would run it to the ground and never go to any meeting and Jimin is still fairly new here, besides you're the best with the numbers and you're responsible and punctual. Well, when you want to be-"

"Oh my god yes!! I would love to!" I get up and squeal as Jungkook gets up as well taking out the files from the folder. 

I jumped around some more before finally signing the papers making it official. I look at Jungkook and see him with a big smile. I decide to forget about everything that had happened as I grab his shoulder turning him around before pressing our lips together. I was sure he would push me away but was happily surprised to find him responding to the kiss straight away. I feel his hands wrap around my waist as I lock my arms around his neck, with both our bodies pressed together and our eyes sealed shut, we let our emotions speak for us.