Chapter One: Stuck At Home

I wake up from a nightmare. I'm sweaty and disgusting. I wash my face and grab my bow and arrow to meet Jonathan at the lake. 

16 years. 16 years since Katniss Everdeen assassinated President Coriolanus Snow. I'm here. I'm here in District 12 at the lake. A cool breeze ruffles my dark brown hair. The lake is dark blue. Like Jonathans eyes. He's not here yet. Oh well. I start to sing. I have always had a good voice. I guess that's something I like about myself.

"Deep in the meadow

Under the willow

A bed of grass

A soft gree-"

Jonathan is here. I see his golden curly locks glimmering in the sun. "Hey" I shout. "Ada" he yells back. We run towards each other and I embrace the big hug he gave me.  "So what's up with you," I ask. He doesn't respond. I wait a minute. "Something bad happened," he said finally. He doesn't want to make eye contact. "There might have to be another hunger games," he said quietly "Katniss- my mom, she uh, did something" "Oh my god" I whisper. Jonathan has told me all about the rebellion and previous games, he never left a detail out. I don't ask another question. I grab my bow and arrow and shoot a bird. "You've gotten better," Jonathan says. "You're almost as good as my mom" "HA I'm so much better than her" I joked. "You should come over to my house" Jonathan said. And just like that, we walked back through the summer forest to victors village. 

As we arrived I heard yelling coming from Jonathan's house. "So what are we going to do PEETA?" I think I heard Katniss say. "The reaping is in 2 days we need to tell them" Peeta said. "I should go" I whisper to Jonathan "Tell your sister (Lavender)I said hi".  I walk home silently. The sky is traced with beautiful pinks and oranges. 

I open the door to my house. "Where have you been" my father yells. " Your drunk again, leave me alone" I mumble. I get rewarded with a hard punch. My head hurts and I feel pain everywhere. Suddenly, the TV turns on with the victors of the 74th hunger games. Katniss starts talking "It has come to our attention that there will have to be another hunger games" I hear people yelling outside. Peeta starts talking "Please don't worry, this is the last hunger games that will be placed in the history of Panem." I see a tear fall from Katniss's eye. "The reaping will be tomorrow morning." She says.  The TV cuts out. This can't be happening I thought how did this happen? but I was too tired to think. 16 years. 16 years since the hunger games. I collapsed onto the floor.