Chapter 16: Stupid People are Dangerous

I woke up with Finnick's arm around me as I was lying on the cave ground. I'm surprised so I get up. He wakes up. "Good morning" He yawns. "You were supposed to take first watch" I hiss. "Hey" He says "Calm down". I roll my eyes but then I start to cry. "I can't lose you Finnick," I say "I need you and I already lost Hugo and I-" He hugs me. But its more than just a friendly hug. "Everything is going to be ok" He says "We are going to get out of here". 

After a few minutes, I walk out of the cave. We ate all of our food and its starting to get really cold. "I'm going to kill the district 9 boy" Finnick says. "I'll watch the district 7 tributes" I reply. He puts his forehead to mine. "See you soon" He says. I'm scared. I'm not quite sure I believe him. 

I walk for a little and hear voices. "AWEEEEEEEE" I hear a happy voice say. I rush over to where I hear it. I see Nara and Forrest arguing. I climb up a tree with my bow and arrow to get a better view. "You are completely hopeless" Forrest says "You can't even use an axe" "Yeah" Nara says annoyed "well I can TALK TO ANIMALS" Forrest rolls his eyes but movement catches my attention. I see Terra and Ryker in a bush smirking. I grab my bow and arrow ready to shoot either one of them. Suddenly I see Terra throw a knife right into Forrest's chest. I get angry. I pull my string back and shoot Ryker in the head. The cannon goes off. Nara runs away crying. Terra runs over to Ryker and looks pissed off. She looks around in the trees trying to find where I am and then runs away. I climb down the tree and find Nara looking frantically around. I come out and confront her. Her eyes widen as she sees me come closer. "I'm not going to hurt you Nara.." I say slowly as I walk over to her. But as I walk closer a giant bear walks to where she is standing. "Hi there," Nara says kindly to the bear. "Its a mutt!!" I whisper "Don't move any closer". Nara doesn't listen. The bear rips her to shreds as its razor-sharp claws dig into her flesh. I hear her scream but I know if I can kill the bear. Terra appears out of the trees and throws multiple knives at the bear and it falls down. It's too late. The cannon goes off and Nara is dead. My face saddens but I place my mind on killing Terra. I hear a cannon go off. My heart skips a beat. Please, I hope, Please Finnick, stay alive. Terra throws a knife at me and I dodge it just barely as it skims my leg. I aim at her face but she runs towards me trying to push me down. I kick her and run for my life. After some time she quit following me and I walk back to the cave.

I'm sitting down waiting for Finnick. Hoping he is alive. I waited for 2 hours. Nothing. I start to lose hope. I want to cry but see a large figure move towards me. Its Finnick. I run towards him and see that he is badly injured. He sits down. "Turns out that boy is pretty good at combat. Took me an hour just to kill him" Finnick says exhausted. The sky lights up with Ryker, Forrest, and Nara. Finnick won't make it much longer. I hear a beeping noise. "A sponser!" I say. I grab it and open it. "It's for you" I say to Finnick. "I'm fine" He says obviously in pain. "Your not" I say. I open it and out falls medicine for our wounds and a note from Annie that says:

Stay alive. I love you. 

-Annie

I take off his shirt and look at his wounds. I apply a little to where I was hit by Terra the rest I put on Finnick. He had such a hot body. Wow. "How do you feel?" I ask. "Better" He says. "You scared me so much today, I thought you were dead or left me" I say upset with tears coming out of my eyes. "I know" He says "But I'm here Ada, and we will get out of here somehow." But I knew that only one of us could come out. Just as I am thinking about what to do he leans over and puts his lips on mine. I don't know what to do but I feel his hands softly around my waist and I give in. I kiss him more aggressively and we fall on to the floor. I feel his lips turn into a smile. I laugh and he does too. I wanted it to last forever. As I fall asleep in his arms I replay all the events that happened today. But in the morning I was woken up by dark brown and green mud coming over the cave.