Chapter 17: One thing

I scream and grab Finnick. I point at the mouth of the cave and scream again. "WAKE UP" I scream. Finnick immediately gets up and looks at the mud coming over the cave. He takes my hand and we run through the mud. It's disgusting and I can taste it. It's choking me but we keep running, trying to escape from death. 

The mud is wet but it feels like a million needles are poking me. Me and Finnick run towards the cornucopia. 

I feel like I'm going to collapse but I see Terra running from the woods into the cornucopia area. There are major gusts of wind pushing her small body around. "IT'S A TORNADO" Finnick yells covered in mud "IM GOING TO KILL HER," I say. "NO" Finnick yells again" I WILL, ADA YOU CAN'T" I nod because my leg is gushing with blood. He runs over with his trident. All of a sudden I can feel the wind pushing me around. Its so strong and I'm having trouble staying in place. Everything starts to fog up. I use all my energy trying to limp over to Finnick. She is trying to stab him while he is trying to topple over her and impale her. 

Finnick's POV:

The district 2 girl is constantly trying to dominate me. I have to kill her. I have to so Ada can get out alive. "Just give up!" She spits as I hold her arm with the knife so it doesn't kill me. I shove her on the ground but the wind moves me over to the left. She puts her two feet on my arms so I can't move. I hear Ada screaming and crying in the distance. If I die, Ada won't make it out, she is to injured. I struggle to get out her grip but the odds are not in my favor. She puts a knife to my throat. "Now" She says "After I kill you that poor girl that you're in love with WILL DIE and I WILL BE THE VICTOR OF THE LAST GAMES". "ADA" I scream. "She can't help you" Terra says "No one will and you will have the same fate as your father" I know it's true but its too soon. I was born to die.

Ada's POV:

Terra is going to kill Finnick. He is screaming my name. I don't know what to do. I have one arrow left and I am one the ground sobbing. Finnick can't die. I need him. I grab my bow and arrow and aim for Terra's neck. I shoot. I miss but I see blood coming out of her neck. The arrow grazed her neck and she touches the blood. Finnick pushes her over and stabs her in the neck. I hear the distinct boom of the cannon even though the wind is howling in my ear. I feel the wind stop and the sun comes out. Finnick runs over to me. I look up into his beautiful blue eyes as he strokes my hair. "It's ok" He says with tears in his eyes "Its ok". I start humming the meadow lullaby but I feel my life slipping out.

I wake up in a hospital bed.