Chapter 6: Parade Day

I wake up to Katniss shaking me. She is screaming in my ear "GET UP".  I head over to the tunnels while my stylist is dressing me. I look in a mirror. I can hardly believe I'm looking at myself. I smirk. We walk over to the horses. I see a group of people that contain Katniss, Annie, Enobaria, Beete, and Johanna.  Johanna keeps rolling her eyes when Beete talks. The group of mentors leaves and I see Finnick hug Annie. All of the female tributes are staring at him. I whisper to Hugo who looks very handsome. "He seems like an ass ". Hugo laughs but he nods his head in agreement. I see Luster and Royce smiling at everyone all the way across from me. I roll my eyes. Jez calls Hugo over to finish his makeup. Haymitch approaches me. "Remember to smile and wave no matter how much you don't want to be here". Jez walks over and sprinkles golden dust over my luscious curled hair. I look over my shoulder and see Finnick staring at me with a smile across his face. He bites into the reddest apple I have ever seen. Haymitch, Katniss, and Peeta leave and Hugo goes to the food table. Im so hungry but I need to look good for the parade. The girl from district 4, Siren I think her name is, is complaining and yelling. Ugh I think there are so many bitchy annoying girls. I change my mindset into who is a threat and who I can kill easily. While I'm thinking Finnick walks over to me. My stomach drops. I tell myself to stop and that I don't like him and all he has is a pretty face. "What are you thinking about" He says. EVEN HIS VOICE IS HOT. "If I'm going to kill you or not" I reply with a smirk. He is still holding his red apple. "Well" He says, his sea green eyes staring into my soul "My father is one of the most famous victors in history, which means everyone likes me, everyone knows who I am-" Katniss cuts him off "FINNICK" She says "Youve gotten so big". She hugs him and Annie comes over. Finnick winks at me and I roll my eyes. I walk over to the horses and feed them some sugarcubes. I pet their soft skin. An announcement tells us that we need to get in our charriots. Me and Hugo step in the charriot. I see everyone get ready. We are last. I see all the mentors leave and Haymitch looks directly at me and fakely smiles and points to his mouth. I look away as the horses move. I go through a tunnel into the cheering crowd. I see my face on a flag. I smile and wave as roses are being thrown to us. I can hear Ceaser Flickerman talking about us. Hugo grabs my hand. I give him a death stare. He lets go. We keep waving and smiling and the people keep cheering us on. Suddenly we go through a tunnel and the parade stops. 

At dinner that night I couldn't stop thinking about Finnick. "Ok" Haymitch said "Did you make any allies" "Yeah" Hugo said. "I talked to that Nara girl from district 7. She seems nice" "Good" Haymitch said." How about you Ada?" "Finnick seems nice, I guess" I reply. Katniss gives a faint smile. "Tommorow I want you to make more" Haymitch said. Hugo and I nod. "Training is going to be hard" Peeta says.

I go to sleep that night with no nightmares.