Chapter 4: The Train

I'm screaming. Loud. Another nightmare I thought. I probably woke everyone up. Katniss comes into my room. I sigh. "Do you have nightmares too?" Katniss asks. "Yeah" I say "I keep thinking that it will go away". "Me too" Katniss says "Try to fall back asleep". Katniss sings the meadow song. Im too old for lullabys but her voice is soothing.

"Deep in the meadow"

" Under the willow"

"A bed of grass"

"A soft green pillow"

"Lay down your head"

"And close your eyes"

I could feel myself fading out and suddenly I was asleep again. 

The next morning Haymitch was pleasantly surprised to hear me and Hugo talking about if we should make an alliance.  "Don't team up with the careers" Haymitch says" They will most likely kill you unless you prove to them your useful. "What are the careers?" Hugo asks. "Districts 1,2 and 4. Usually the ones with good fighting skills" I reply. "I think me and Hugo are going to stay together throughout the games." I say to Haymitch. "Good, when you get to the capitol try to make friends" Haymitch says "It will increase your odds of winning". I roll my eyes. The odds are never in our favor. 

At dinner, Haymitch was telling us to get sponsors. "People need to like you to survive" Haymitch announces. Katniss rolls her eyes. 

The next day we arrived at the capitol. I see the big buildings while we cross a bridge over a dam. Hugo sits down. "Wow" he says. As the train parks there are people cheering for us. Weird I thought. Hugo gets up and waves back through the window. Haymitch shoves me up. "HEY" I shout. "You need to wave back. They need to know who you are. You need to make an impression" He yells back. "Fuck impressions" I say. We walk out of the train and I wave a little. 

Next thing I know Im lying completely naked on a cold metal tray while capitol worker made sure I was"Perfect". They waxed me and hosed me down and so much more. The process took two hours. "You are cleaner than most district 12 tributes" One worker sneered. "Ugh did you see the leg hair on that district 10 girl" Another one said. After a few minutes one of them said" Your stylist is coming to see you". I was in a blue hospital gown. Just seconds later my stylist came in.