Chapter 5:The Capitol

My stylist walks in. He has blue hair and golden eyeshadow. "Hi" I say. "Hello Adalayne" He says"Call me Jez". "Nice to meet you" I say" and you can call me Ada" "Now," He announces" You are very pretty" I smile. "But we need to make you and that other boy the center of attention. Just like Cinna did to Katniss and Peeta." He shows me a design he has. My costume will be a long black dress with 2 peices with sequins all over and a white shimmering headpeace. Hugo has the same thing but just as a shirt and pants. It looked so pretty and very well represented mining. "But that's not it" He smiled "You both will wear Mockingjay pins and you will have your hair in the signature Katniss braid" 

Effie leads us into the penthouse for dinner. Hugo looks very clean and put together. "Hey" he says." You look the same". I smile at him. Haymitch and Katniss and Peeta walk in. "The parade is tomorrow" Katniss says. "Did you meet your stylist" Peeta asks. "Yes" Me and Hugo say at the same time. I show our mentors the outfits. I force myself to eat 2 plates of dinner when I'm usually used to eating half a plate. Hugo only eats one. Haymitch lifts his fork and points at Hugo. "Eat." He says firmly. "Im not hungry" He says quietly. "Hugo, you need to gain weight for the games" I say nicely" Your going to be burning a lot in the games and you need to not starve."

He nods and leaves to go into his room. Suddenly Jonathan and Lavender walk through the door. I hug them both. We talk a little after dinner and then I get ready for bed. "Tommorow is the parade" Haymitch says" Try to be friendly, make allies. You don't want people killing you before the games". I nod. I head to my room and feel the soft sheets of the capitol beds. I fall asleep almost instantly.