𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝟷𝟼 - 𝙿𝚊𝚛𝚍𝚘𝚗𝚗𝚎-𝙼𝚘𝚒

"Hey Nabi, are you okay?"

The called girl turned to find Seulgi standing on the frame of the balcony entrance, carrying a first aid kit in her tiny hands.

"Hey, little one..." Nabi gestured to the short woman to come near her.

"Where I should I medicate you?"

"Only the knees, later I'll put some ice on..."

"Okay..."

Noticing some tears on the verge of coming out from Seulgi's eyes, Nabi grabbed her chin and lifted her face making eye contact with one other:

"Why are you crying little one?"

"Since when do you care about me that much?"

"Since when you got sassy?" was her response, slightly irritated by the other girl's behavior.

"I-I'm sorry. It's that...I got scared when I saw you, I hate to know that someday I'll lose you...you're the only family I have, Nabi. I don't know what day will be our last. You can't leave me, I won't let you..." now Seulgi was hiccuping and let out all her worries, facing the source of her concerns.

Once that first tear broke free, the rest followed in an unbroken stream and Seulgi didn't hold back like the other times, she had enough of it.

Nabi didn't know how to respond at the crying girl in front of her, usually she would leave not minding other's- either Seulgi's- problems. But something in her told her to stay there and comfort the other one.

So she opened her arms and gently wrapped them around Seulgi, taking her in a soft and a comforting embrace, not sure on what else to do. So the inexpert girl did the only thing that came in her mind, she hugged Seulgi, she saw that in a lot of K-dramas the characters tended to cuddle when someone was crying.

"Little one, you knew from the first day that this a dangerous world, and yet you insisted. And if one day I'll die you can't cry, you need to be strong, okay?" Nabi said with concerned eyes cupping the other girl's cheek, who now has lucid red puffed globs and cute pout.

"O-okay..." she reluctantly nodded.

"Good. And for your information: it's difficult to kill this Choi Nabi"

Seulgi breathed out a cute giggle and said: "I think that these boys softened you, one thing I never been able to..." she let out the last sentence more like a whisper.

"What?"

"Oh, nothing, nothing. I finished to medicate you by the way"

Seulgi wiped the salty tears from her cheeks sniffling and looked at Nabi: "Thank you. I think you should rest, I and the gang need to discuss something."

Nabi dismissed the short woman giving her a quick peck and the lass immediately forgot all the problems and went to her room happier than ever.

...

Most of them were resting while Nabi was still looking out over the city from the small terrace. So many thoughts were buzzing in her head and she couldn't even find a solution or an answer to any of the problems haunting her mind, she conflicted with herself.

"I knew I would find you here ..."

"The house is small and cold air circulates inside, which means that either a window or the entrance to a balcony is open. But to prevent thieves from entering the house the windows were closed, so the balcony was the only option. Then you're on patrol, so you weren't looking for me, you never looked for me ..." the girl left the last words disappointedly.

"I...Are you mad at me?"

"What do you expect? To cover you from kisses and 'Oh! Congratu-fucking-lations! You're alive!'?"

"Listen...I'm truly sorry, ok? I did everything possible to find you, you were as if you were a ghost, invisible. And when I came to know about your death, from my sources, I was devastated; still, I continued and continued, but I always ended up in dead ends or at the starting point." the taller boy caressed her cheek and wiped away a tear rolling down and gazed adorably at the much smaller figure in front of him.

"I was about to drop everything, but after the last mission, when I got home and saw you sitting there ... beautiful, heck even more gorgeous, listening silently, how careful you were in the details of the plan. And knowing that I finally found you, ... it gave me relief and took a weight off my heart. Finally seeing the person I care about the safest and sound in front of my eyes has made me the happiest person in the world.I... I've never forgotten you, Kim ... " He mumbled quietly, tears threatening to spill from his eyes.

At the mention of the sudden surname took her by surprise: "It was a long time since I was called that...I...I missed it and I missed you"

Despite being tough and courageous, she also had a weak side, which she only showed in front of the eyes of the man who she despises the most.

"You were always the strongest of us, always able to stay calm, despite how tangled your mind was, how you resisted your tears to act tough...one of your aspects I admire the most"

The two held their gaze, eyes shining from the previous tears, looking at each other like the old times. Searching for the comfort they were seeking for most of the time, they finally found each other.

Behind them, the whole city was illuminated, bright colors that glistened the entire place. The difference from the deep blue sky to the shiny streets under it would always mesmerize the people who watch it, like seeing two different scenarios in one but perfectly in harmony with each other.

Lucas slowly got closer and closed his eyes, lips tempting to kiss the others as he moved also the other hand to hold the red cheeks. His soft breath lingering on her trembly lips, his actions were agonizingly slow, afraid to hurt the delicate flower behind his eyes. As soon as their lips grazed with each other, Nabi turned her head to the side, looking down apologetically.

"I...I'm sorry. This is going too fast, I need time. I apologize..."

"Oh. No, no need to say sorry, it's my fault. After all, you have a girlfriend, I'm such a stupid..." the boy distanced himself from Nabi and put his hands in the pockets of his trousers, looking away, ashamed of his actions.

"She isn't my girlfriend. We're kinda bed buddies...I think it's time for you to go to sleep, I'll take this from now on."

Lucas nodded silently, knowing how persistent she can be and they bed goodnights to each other.

On the other hand, a pair of eyes were piercing through the couple's scenario in front of him, a strange feeling running down his nerves, clenching his fists, he went to medicate himself and go to sleep for the upcoming morning.

Was it jealousy?

(A/N: It'S bEeN A wHilE BabYgOrL... I know that's not actually what he said, but... I'm so sorry for not updating earlier, but I had some vacation and now school started, I'm loaded with hw and exams. I'm not happy with this chapter, I could have done better. But I wanted to update the book, so yeah. Stay safe and take care!!!!!!)

P.S.: In this chapter I originally wanted to reveal who is 'he', but I wanted to wait to drop the bomb ;)