Chapter One ~ Belle Âme

As I walked towards the exit, slipping through the thronging crowd, clutching on to my small bag with all of my strength it hits me.

I am not Andromeda Black. Not any more.

---------------------------------------------------

"'Dromeda! 'Dromeda! Come here!" Bella's shrill voice sounds from downstairs. I sigh, rolling my eyes at her annoying bossiness.

She has always been this way - I guess that it's just a by-product of her being the eldest.

I walk downstairs, as dignified as ever, my posture perfect. A true lady.

As I enter the front room, I'm hit with a shocking amount of black and green, with a small tinge of white in the middle.

"What on Earth is going on?" I ask, laughter in my voice. "We're choosing Bella's wedding dress!" Mummy exclaims excitedly, tenderly stroking one of the options.

To my surprise, there is only one black option, and two green. The remaining four are all white - I guess my mum managed to convince Bells to go traditional.

"I like this one!" Cissy says, tenderly admiring the white number closest to her. I must say, it is really beautiful. It is the only one with long sleeves, made of white lace. It has a small silver design at the waist, and a beautiful skirt.

"You do? I'm not too sure!" Bella says, making her way over to the black dress, which is closest to me. "I like this one the best!" she declares, and I laugh.

"What?" Bella asks angrily, and I say, holding myself together as much as I can, "You are getting married Bells, not going to a funeral!".

"I know that 'Dromeda! But this is by far the prettiest dress! I don't like the others!" she moans, stroking it. Hmmmm... I think that I have an idea!

"Bella, what would you say to perhaps changing the dress colour? You know, just keeping the design, but making it white?" I ask tentatively, and as I say this Mummy claps her hands enthusiastically.

"Oh Andromeda! That's a fabulous idea! Oh Bella, you will do it, won't you?".

Bella looks a little bit nervous, and glances at he dress once more. "Oh, I don't know! You see, I really don't want to ruin the dress! It's so beautiful!" she says, looking around at all of us.

"Why don't we try it, and if it is awful we can turn it back, ok?" I say, slowly edging closer to the dress, and Bella.

"You won't mess it up? Do you promise that you won't destroy it? That you will turn it back if it is bad?" Bella asks, looking me straight in the eye.

"Do you really have such little faith in me sister?" I say, reaching out and softly, soothingly rubbing her shoulder.

"Ok." Bella sighs, and nods at me. I smile, and work my magic.

Slowly, the black bodice of the dress lightens and lightens, going from a dark grey, to a light grey, to a beautiful, clean, elegant white, and his slowly travels down the divine dress until it is entirely white.

Cissy gasps with wonder and delight upon seeing it, with Mummy clasping her mouth. "Oh! It's gorgeous!" Mummy says, rushing over to give me a hug. "Beautiful!" Cissy agrees, not taking her eyes off of the dress for one second.

"It's the one." Bella murmurs, so softly that if I had not been placing my whole attention on her I wouldn't have heard.

Tearing her eyes away from the dress, she looks at me, and I could swear that I see a tear glistening in her grey eyes. "Thank you, 'Dromeda." she says, her voice filled with gratitude.

I rush over to Bella and give her a massive hug, Cissy and Mummy following suit. "Darling! You are getting married! Oh! Oh! Oh! One of my babies is leaving me!" Mummy exclaims emotionally, tears falling down her pale face.

"Mummy! It's fine!" Bella says, and we all laugh as mum looks up at smiles. "This will be just fabulous! Oh Bells, I'm so so proud of you! So proud-" Mum begins to say when the living room door opens.

A tall man with the same hair colour as me (though a little greyer) enters, and his eyes widen in shock as he takes in his surroundings.

"What in the name of Grindelwald is going on here!" he questions, looking at the four women standing in front of him.

"Darling, we are choosing Bella's wedding dress! This is it!" Mummy says, excitedly glancing at the dress before walking over and giving Father a kiss on his cheek.

"Oh really! It's very pretty Bells." Father says, gruffly striding over and giving Bellatrix a one-armed hug.

"Oh Father! You would say that even if you did have taste!" I say laughingly, insulting him jokingly as per usual.

Unlike much of the small families within the large Black family, all of us girls have a great relationship with our father, and he treats us like true princesses. Though I am beginning to doubt his sense of right and wrong, my father has always been the person I look up to most. And, though don't tell my sister this, I do believe that I may be his favourite. Despite the fact that he always claims that he doesn't have one, Father always makes an attempt to talk to me more than my sisters - I guess that it is just because I am apparently him in miniature!

"Of course I would! Though it does look very nice! Anyways, I just came home and one of the house elves have informed me that dinner is ready, so if all of you ladies shall follow me to the dining room for a nice family dinner." he says, and we all smile as we follow Father to the dining room.

A/N - Hey everyone! Thank you so much for reading this story - it means the absolute world! I hope you enjoy it! After every chapter I shall post Character Profiles for any new character introduced, so keep a look out for them and tell me what you think! xoxo