Chapter Sixteen ~ C'est La Vie

Boxing Day brings nothing interesting except Cissy and I getting Slughorn's permission to go down to Hogsmeade and get Bella's wedding present.

Neither of us have any sort of idea on what to get her, and so we simply decide on a black dress that we know she'll like and a nice hair clip.

It is nice to spend the day with my youngest sister, as I rarely do. Cissy and I have never been overly close, and I've always wanted us to be closer.

I guess it's just because of age! Bella and I were born a year apart, and so we spent the vast majority of our childhood like twins, glued at the hip.

There is then two years between Cissy and I, so we never had that same connection, and it saddens me.

Bella and I are no longer like twins - we have nothing in common any more, save our looks. Cissy and I have a little more in common (we both want to marry for love) but I still feel like the outsider.

Boxing Day ends soon enough, and then it is the 27th of December, the wedding day of Bellatrix Black and Rodolphus Lestrange.

I...I don't even know what it will be like. Bellatrix Lestrange. It has a bit of a ring to it, doesn't it?

I've never really liked Rodolphus - actually no, I've never really liked any of the Lestranges.

Marius Lestrange and my father are close friends, and have been their entire lives, as well as my mother and Victoria Lestrange, so I was forced to spend lots of my childhood playing with the Lestrange brothers.

Rodolphus is the oldest, and he is two years older than Bella, and three years older than me. Then there is Rabastan, and he was in Bella's year at school.

There is then a young sister, who is only seven years old. Her name is Lilian Lestrange, and she seems like a little brat if I'm being frank!

They are all quite unpleasant, and I always spend as little time with them as possible.

To be honest, I think it's safe to say that I am not too happy about Bella marrying Rodolphus, especially because I know that my entire family, and all of the Lestranges, expect me to marry Rabastan.

They've never said it outright before, but I know that it is exactly what they are thinking, especially now that Bellatrix is getting married.

Ever since their engagement was announced, I keep getting these looks from my entire extended family that quite simply say, 'You are next'.

Not going to happen.