Chapter Three ~ Petit à Petit

As I sit in the Great Hall, pondering my boring return to Hogwarts, I just think about something. Something important.

Little by little, I am becoming less and less like my family.

---------------------------------------------------

Cissy and I just flooed back to school this morning, after a brief goodbye to our parents and Bellatrix.

Nothing has happened so far, just saying hello to my best friends and catching up on the day of work I missed, due to the fact that unfortunately the bridesmaids dress fitting for the wedding was on the last day before Halloween break meaning that I did miss some classes, and have quite a bit to catch up on.

I hear a loud babbling, and my closest friend Isabella Greengrass slips into the seat next to me.

"Did you hear the MASSIVE scandal?!" she says, immediately picking up a spoonful of mashed potatoes and gravy, and adding some chicken and vegetables.

"What?" I ask laughingly, taking a bite of my beef pie. "Apparently, Parkinson and Zabini were spotted getting it on at the Halloween dance!" she says, and I look at her sympathetically.

Isabella has had quite a big crush on Thomas Zabini over the last couple of months, so this news probably isn't pleasant for her, but she is taking it well!

"Oh honey, it's ok!" I reassure her and she grins. "Oh, I know! You want to know how?" she asks, wiggling her eyebrows michievously.

"How?" I ask, and she replies, "He spoke to me the other day! I think he even might have done a little bit of flirting! Of course I played my A game, and he seemed to be loving it!".

"Congrats Izzy!" I say, and then more of the Slytherin girls from my year enter and we all have dinner together, and laugh and talk all night long.

---------------------------------------------------

The following morning I wake up at a reasonably early time, get changed into my Slytherin robes and pin my Prefect badge on them.

Isabella and I, along with Mia and Elsa (the other girls in our dormitory) head down to breakfast, and it is then that I see him.

Ted Tonks.