Chapter Twelve ~ Pétillante

Ted and I spent such a lovely afternoon together - it was bliss.

It's now Saturday, which is also the day of the Christmas party.

Me and the girls from my dormitory are currently just getting all dressed up.

"Who are you going with Izzy?" Elsa asks, and I have a little smirk to myself as Elsa is about to get hit with so much information it will make her head burst.

"Oh! Thomas Zabini!" Izzy says nonchalantly, and then grins widely and starts rambling all about how he asked her.

"What about you Andromeda? Who are you going with?" Elsa then asks me as soon as Izzy pauses for more than a second.

"I...ummm...no one!" I say, knowing fine rightly that I can't tell them about Ted.

"Really? No one asked you?" Mia says disbelievingly, raising an eyebrow.

"Nope!" I reply simply. "Here Iz, does this look ok?" I ask her, giving a small twirl.

"You look incredible!" she replies with a grin.

"Here 'Dromeda, can you zip me up please?" she asks, and I oblige, and when I've zipped her up I say with a smile, "Wow Izzy! Zabini will be positively drooling!".

Isabella blushes crimson, and Mia, Elsa and I laugh with her, with them echoing my words.

"Righto - makeup time!" Mia announces, pulling out a big case of the stuff.

I out in a small layer of foundation, some dark green eyeshadow that is nice and subtle, mascara and highlighter.

The others don't go as natural as me, and we all look amazing by the time we are done.

It's then that we move on to our hair, and I twist mine up into a sort of curled up do, hanging in a large design at the back of my head.

Izzy straightens her hair, Mia curls hers and Elsa does a braided thing, and it looks fantastic!

With one last look in the mirror, we all head down to Slughorn's office, with Izzy and Elsa meeting their dates in the common room.

Mia is going with a pure blood Ravenclaw and so she meets up with him in the Entrance Hall before we all head to Slughorn's office.