Chapter Four ~ Tu Me Fais Rougir

Ted Tonks.

I...I really don't know what to say! He's a Hufflepuff, and a...a Mud- no! A muggleborn! Merlin Andromeda, what the hell is wrong with you?!

Oh flip, here he comes! Am I blushing! Stop! Stop! Stop!

We became kind of friends late last year, and I...I don't know. Well, I guess that you could say that I have a teeny-tiny crush on him.

But I'll do absolutely nothing about it. Realistically speaking I can't. I'm a Black - I can't think with my heart. Only my head.

I can't marry a muggleborn. I just can't. It's times like this that I really, really hate who I am. Who I was born to be.

A Black.

He gives me a sort of half-smile, as if unsure of what to do. It's always awkward between us - I don't know whether it's my fault, whether it's because of my (really very small) crush, or just because we both know that we shouldn't be friends.

He knows all about my family, and what they stand for. He knows the amount of trouble that we could get into by being friends.

But I guess that that just adds to the allure of our friendship; we shouldn't be.

It's like many people say, "If you tell somebody that they can't have something, it'll only make them want it more.".

Ted takes his seat at the Hufflepuff table, instantly joking around with some of his friends, and with one last glance I take my seat at the Slytherin table, on the opposite side of the room.

---------------------------------------------------

Professor Slughorn begins walking around, chatting to members of his prestigious Slug Club.

"Ah! Miss Black! I hope to see you at my little get together tonight!" he says as he reaches me.

I've been a member of the Slug Club ever since my first year - most members of my family are part of it.

"Of course, sir." I reply, smiling at him. Slughorn is actually quite likeable, when you get past your initial annoyance of him.

"Excellent, excellent! And I hope your family is all well!" he inquires, and I respond, "Yes, of course sir!". "Fabulous! Well, have a good day!" he finishes, moving on to Isabella.

I quickly finish my breakfast as the bell to signal the start of classes sounds, and I briefly check my timetable before rushing off to my first class.

9am - Double Potions

11am - Double Transfiguration

1pm - Lunch

2pm - Charms

3pm - History of Magic

My day is boring enough, but I'll get through it. I think that I have Potions and History if Magic with Ted, so that brightens my day up a bit.

With a look across the Great Hall as I stand up to leave, Ted and I meet eye contact before we both look away, me blushing heavily.

Ugh, why does this boy have such an effect on me?!