Chapter Thirteen ~ Soif De Vivre

Wow.

Just, wow.

Slughorn's office has been enhanced to ten times it's normal size, and there is a massive Christmas tree standing in one of the corners of the room.

There are little lights hanging everywhere, and a large rectangular table is set up at one end of the room, and I know that is where the dinner shall be held later on tonight.

I leave my friends alone with their dates and I head off to mingle. I spot Narcissa, flirting with a boy called Lucius Malfoy.

Now, I won't lie to you, I don't have the best opinion of Lucius Malfoy. He's in the year below me, the year above Cissy.

He has white blonde hair and a pale pointed face that always seems to be sneering. He has the air of believing that he is superior of the rest of the world - I guess that's what comes from his being born into the Malfoy family.

The Malfoys are one of the only remaining pure blood families that are not related to the Black's in one way or another.

Anyways, with a smile at Cissy I then start to mingle with the people in the room that I know, and am friendly with, all the while keeping an eye out for Ted.

"Andromeda Black! You are looking wonderful tonight!" Professor Slughorn says, shaking my hand.

"Thank you Professor. You have really outdone yourself this year!" I compliment him, looking around at his decorations.

"That is very kind of you to say Andromeda! Now, do tell me how your dear sister Bellatrix is doing. I've been invited to the wedding you know." he says, and I smile.

"I believe that she's doing rather well. Obviously she's a bit nervous, but on the while I think she's doing fine!" I say, and Slughorn smiles.

"Good, good!" he says, "Now, I must go and mingle with some of my other guests. Enjoy the part, Miss Black.".

"Good evening, Professor!" I say, and Slughorn turns and travels around the rest of the room.

I begin talking to some of the other Slytherin students in my year, just making polite conversation.

It is almost time for the dinner when I see him walk in. Ted.

I smile at him, subtly, so that nobody sees, and he returns the action. He begins talking with some Ravenclaw's, and I slowly remove myself from my present conversation and join his.