XVIII - Adonis

Last chapter was very short. Let me see if I can make it up.

 Let me see if I can make it up

It was obvious that Sage's attitude was off from the minute she stepped inside Ms Vito's and sat at the table with him

It was obvious that Sage's attitude was off from the minute she stepped inside Ms Vito's and sat at the table with him. When he complimented her hair she had only said thanks and went on her phone.

"I like your nails. I'm surprised you ain't get it super long like other girls."

"I'm starting my internship tomorrow. Super long nails didn't seem appropriate," her tone was dry and she rolled her eyes with it before going back on her phone. She sure was getting Adonis pissed off.

"What's wrong with you?" He noticed how she pressed the side of her phone locking it before providing him with her undivided attention.

"You wanna know what's wrong with me Adonis?"

"Well duh. I asked right?" They were both equally pissed off now. He racked his brain trying to figure out what he did wrong but he came up short.

"Don't duh me nigga. You foul as hell. All this time you had a girlfriend and a baby on the way and you out here talking about you and I ain't together but we together."

He could see that she was raging but he was confused as hell. What was she talking about?

"The fact that you have the nerve to look confused right now is upsetting me. I should slap the shit outta you."

"You ain't slapping me mamas but for real I don't know what you're talking about?"

"You don't know what I'm talking about," her voice raised slightly at the end making a few customers look over at them.

"Lower your motherfucking voice and tell me what you're talking about?"

Sage must've been out of her damn mind if she thought she was going to raise her voice at him.

"Your girlfriend Kourtney. The one you got managing your hair salon. The one you got pregnant. Ring a bell?" She snapped her fingers.

He was upset and he was trying to be serious but only thing seeing her angry was doing was making his pants tighten.

"She ain't my bitch and that kid ain't mine. I let her manage it because at one time we were together and when we were younger her mother helped mine. I even gave her sister a job in the nail salon."

"That still don't make sense Adonis," Sage took a deep breath to try and calm herself down, "she told me she ain't been with anybody else in two years. And you got me going to a place where your girlfriend works to get my hair done."

"You've known this girl for a couple of hours and you've known me for a couple of weeks and yet you still choose to believe her over me. She and I were together from I was seventeen and she was nineteen. I broke up with her over two years ago because she cheated on me and got pregnant. She lost that kid but I still let her work for me because her mother helped mine when my mother didn't have it. The kid she's carrying right now isn't mine. She's about two months pregnant and the last time I had sex with that girl was five months ago. I don't have reason to lie."

Embarrassment was an understatement for Sage and Adonis could see it on her face. She had totally flipped out on him when he had no reason to lie.

"I'm sorry Adonis. It's just that she sounded really true you know. And it seemed right. You and her being together and you letting her manage you hair salon. I'm sorry."

"Nah it's cool Sage," he brushed her off and went on his phone, "order whatever you wish. I'm not in the mood for anything."

"Adonis I'm sorry that I didn't believe you at first and that I raised my voice," she tried to touch his hand only to have him pull it away.

"Okay nigga the fuck. I ain't about to sit here and beg a nigga to forgive me. I done said sorry already."

Her saying that was enough to get Adonis to put down his phone and reach over the table to grab her chin roughly.

"I don't like that tone so you better fix that shit and order if you want to. You're going home after this. I have to pick up my sister from the airport."

Sage nodded meekly. Here she was acting like a scared bitch. Where was the gangster Sage?

Adonis placed a brief kiss on her lips before sitting back in his seat and taking up his phone.

"Don't wear that short ass shirt out the house again. I'm seeing the undersides of your boobs and if I catch another nigga looking I'm shooting," the tone of Adonis' voice made her not want to say anything slick. He wasn't about to leave her high and dry again.

  ••••••

Short as hell but it being longer would draw the chapter out and I don't want that.

I said 35 votes the last time but I can't bother so take advantage of me updating.

Make sure to vote, comment and share.

SinSomeMore

September 18, 2020