Caged in and locked good

What happened to Susan? She changed so much from the time you were there. She was all cheerful and happy, but know she's serious and...and...you can't think of the other word, but it's not like her. Her expression was different as well. It was like a zombie, or someone controlling her, it looked like she was sleep walking with her eyes barely open, her eyelids halfway down her eyes.

You got lost in thought and jumped when Susan came in with food.
"Here, your food." She slid it through the opening in the cage and you grabbed it, having no clue whatsoever how to eat it. You looked down at the tray, and then back at her. You did this one more time, but she was gone, like she vanished in midair.

A few weeks later, Kanny started coming down and before you start talking, he always apologizes and won't tell you why. To be honest, you feel kinda left out and like a beginner again, no one telling you what's going on and wouldn't tell you why or how you were created. You hated it, but you're glad that Kanny is getting better, he still has the cast on his arm, but he was using it a lot more. One month passed and you guys really started talking. Instead of Susan coming down, Kanny would take her place and bring your food, telling about how the day is so far and how he can start feeling his leg again. It's nice. Until one day, Kanny didn't come.

You don't understand why he stopped coming, but times were starting to get depressing, like, you felt lonely and so sad. Susan would come down again bringing your food, you would ask if Kanny would come down, but she just kept saying 'no' all of the time. Day by day you felt empty. You started to not eat and just sit there.

"Cat, hey Cat." You look at Susan.
"What?" Your voice has gotten so dry and cracked from not eating for how many days now? Five? You don't remember, and you don't even know how you're alive. You're just not hungry anymore.
"I have to tell you the truth." You looked at her, a confused look on your face.
"You see, when you and Kankri were gone, some stranger took over and started to force us to work by mind-controlling us, and she has him locked up like you. We hate seeing you like this, him as well, but we can't help it." She quickly unlocked the door, and gave you food.
"Eat, and get out of here, take him with you."
"Oh Suuuuuuuusan! I need you!" Her eyes returned to where she was like before. Zombified. She stood there for a second, then moved upstairs, Forgetting about the cage door. You quickly eat and fill yourself to where you can move again, you didn't stuff yourself to where you couldn't. You just can't do that to escape again, better yet fight the mysterious stranger. You looked around, the clearly lit basement had weapons in a corner. You went over and looked for a specific one. "Dagger? No. Sword? Maybe." You put that with the casing to your side, now available in your grasp. You rummaged through some more.
"Iron? Why would I need that? Flare? No. Laser? Again, why would I need that?" You grabbed it thanks to the author.
"Alright then, I guess the laser then. Machete? Oh god no, can't carry that easily. Sickles? Now that's more like it." You grabbed the pair of sickles and got prepared to fight, you swung around at the dummies a few times until you got used to it.
"Alright! These are so useful!" You quickly get upstairs and open the door.
"Weeeeeeeell, looks like someone wants to be free. Isn't that right little birdie?"