Chapter 31: Our past (part 1)

.

.

.

"Yeji, you need rest... You can't come to school yet, it's only been a week"

"But I have to..." She just wants to go to school, and see the others, but what she doesn't really know was Soobin shot on the shoulder, Ryujin was wounded, and Hyunjin was injured on his ankle.

And the fact that Yeonjun's hand was injured, they hid it for her not worry for them. And not to blame herself with what happened. 

"Why do you need to come to school?!"

"I just want to see the others, okay?..." She said as her voice became smaller the moment Yeonjun yelled at her. And he noticed how her voice got smaller. And somehow, he felt bad for yelling at her.

So, he sat beside her on the bed, and engulfed her in to a warm hug, his head resting on her shoulder in a way of comfort. She was a bit surprised with his sudden gesture. But let him be.

"If you go, they're not even there." He said. Caressing her soft hair. Yeji on the other hand was confused with what he just said. 

"What do you mean Yeonjun?" Yeonjun looked up and stared in to her eyes before letting out a sigh, sat straight and faced her direction, while holding her hands

"You see, after you got rescued, Soobin took the bullet for me, Ryujin got a cut on her arm, and Hyunjin injured himself while chasing the culprit that tried to shoot me..." He trailed off and looked at Yeji's devoid look, And her unfathomable eyes that stared in to his.

"And you? How about you? You have an injury too, haven't you?" She asked in a monotone voice, Yeonjun could only look and sigh.

"Where were you injured?" She asked softly, Yeonjun looked up and stared in to her eyes that was once unfathomable, was now warm and worried for him.

"It's nothing-"

"Where is it?" She queried, Yeonjun let out another sigh and pointed at his arm that was holding her hand "Why aren't you wearing a plaster?" She scowled, while holding his arm.

"I do wear a plaster, but I take it off when your awake..." He chuckled nervously, and as a result, he got a flick on the forehead.

"Why are you hiding it from me?" 

"Ryujin told me about this, she told us that once you see us in this state, you'll blame yourself for what happened...?" He said, scrutinizing her devoid look.

Fits of laughter resonated inside his empty house, which left him wondering why she's laughing "why are you laughing?" He asked in confusion, giving her weird looks.

"But... To be honest, it's true... But if I continue to blame myself, nothing good would come out of it... It's like breaking your own life too." She smiled weakly.

Yeonjun stood up and took her out of their room, went outside and got her on his motorcycle with her helmet on, and followed after putting his on.

"Yeonjun, where are we going?"

He ignored her and revved on the engine, and drove off their neighborhood, with Yeji hugging on to him tightly that made him chuckle.

"Where are we going?" She asked again when they stopped at the stoplight "Don't you want to visit them?" He chuckled.

"You could've told me then!" She whined, slapping his shoulder in the process.

"ow! That hurts!"

.

.

.

They finally stopped when they arrived in a hospital where Yeonjun said Soobin, Hyunjin, and Ryujin are. They both went in and asked for their room numbers. They silently rode on the elevator and got off on the 5th floor.

Every step she takes, she feels like her heart is about to get out of her ribcage, that's how nervous she is to see what state her friends are.

They stopped walking when they found their friends' room. They both entered to see Ryujin and Soobin talking casually, Laughing and joking around with the others.

When they finally noticed Yeji and Yeonjun's presence, they all fell silent and turned to them with shock on their faces. Surely, not expecting that she would come and visit.

"Yeji..." Ryujin called with a smile tracing her lips, Ryujin stood up and engulfed her in to a tight hug as if they haven't seen each other for years.

Yeonjun approached Soobin who was smiling widely at him, and they too did the same. The others were just gaping at the two people who entered as if they've seen an angel or something.

After those moments they started talking again like they used to, until Yeonjun excused himself with Yeji "What is it?"

"Hyunjin and the others are in the other room, let's visit them..." He said with a smile, Have I told you guys yet? She still doesn't know that they are already friends. And now she's confused as Fuck.

They went inside a room and found Hyunjin talking with Jisung and the others sleeping or doing their own stuff.

"Hyunjin..." Yeonjun called and embraced the blonde, which Hyunjin hugged back "How is your ankle?" Yeonjun asked.

"So far, so good..." Hyunjin shrugged and his eyes finally landed on Yeji who stood quietly by the door.

"Yeji, What the fuck are you doing there? Come over here" Yeonjun laughed, Yeji smiled awkwardly before walking towards their direction.

"How are you feeling?" She asked Hyunjin who was trying to stifle his laughter "Fine..." He giggled.

"Why the fuck are you even laughing?" She asked while pointing at the three boys laughing.

"Your face..."

"What about my face?" She asked intimidatingly

"It-It looks like... A tomato... You look like you just kissed your crush..." Hyunjin laughed. No, scratch that... Cried.

After a minute of laughing they finally composed themselves and Jisung started to introduce himself to Yeji who was still grumpy and pouting at the three boys who they found cute.

"You know if you keep pouting like that... Your mouth will stay that way..." Yeonjun mocked, Yeji still in a bad mood, and with his remark, worsened her grupy state, and so she slapped him very hard on his shoulder.

And a loud smack resonated in the room and outside in the hallways "Fuck! Have you forgotten I'm injured too?!" Yeonjun asked in disbelief.

And that's when she finally realized what he said "Mian..." She muttered, which the boys, even the once sleeping laugh.

DING!

She picked out her phone and saw the message sent by an unknown number, but what was written there took the words out of her mouth. The other three fell silent while reading the message...

The past that was hidden...

will be revealed...

TO BE CONTINUED...

heyyyyy guyss...

thank you very much for your support on this story and the other one called 'hidden secrets' thank you sooo very muchh

Damn, the story is about to finish....

i'll miss this...

anyaways... please vote,comment, and follow if possible

love, 

-chocoyeonji 💜💜💜