Page 2: the room

[Nightwish- Amaranth]

Good read^^

......

"If I'm an angel, paint me with black wings." - The Vampire Armand, Anne Rice

......

In the midst of the black sky, the cold dew, he crossed the long road between stone buildings, he was walking, and my body seemed to do nothing but walk. Its perfect roundness was lip-blasting as the giant full moon oozed its diamond shine through the tree branches. It seemed like the moonlight reflected in the blood flowing in my veins, seeping through my skin and reaching my layers.

Shadowing the moonlight, the body was advancing a few steps ahead of me, allowing the cloak on its back to wave in the gentle wind. As my eyes hit the road, I saw the soft heel of his bare feet, and with the step he took, I was able to see the dirt and mild wounds of his feet. It was like I was doomed to walk behind this strange young man, which I could not understand why he was walking without shoes. I was like a little bit trapped in a kind of enchantment, crushed between his fingers.

As soon as his steps stopped, he stopped in my body. In the desolate alley, he slowly turned his head over his shoulder towards me, covering his entire mouth as if blood had seeped through his lips, his eyes that I could swear were raw gray turned a miserable red. As my heartbeat accelerated like crazy, I took a short breath between my parted lips and I was able to take a step back unconsciously, but I was left where I was, as if there was a cliff behind me. A fear blossomed inside me as if I took a step back, as if I had reached my death.

While he could not pull my eyes from the red irises, he kept his slowness, completely turning his body towards me, causing us to look at each other from a distance of several steps. His black cloak was lifted further by the sudden strong wind, and the black shirt he was wearing was painted red. I clenched my fists during this time, where we were just sitting like chains.

In the half smile that seized his lips, I came across canines that looked like a dagger, larger and pointed than they normally should be. Although it was my greatest desire to scream and run away, my eyes were filled with the helplessness of being frozen and my perspective was blurred.

It was like looking at a demon with bare eyes. My body was trembling as all my cells gave me this eerie sensation, and my tears were running down my cheeks. He was watching me calmly, holding his numb, soulless and ominous gaze upon me. Even if I closed my eyes tightly, offered a miracle from me to God, the holy spirit, and Jesus and begged him to pull me out of here, they did not help me as if I had been cursed, and left me with my demon destiny. While my rapid breathing was drying even in my throat, the rest took place at a superhuman speed;

This cursed creature, whose destiny I only saw the first step he took, quickly grabbed my body, thrust its teeth like crazy into my neck vein, and made me shrill scream that echoed in the empty street.

.....

I woke up. As sweat dripped from my forehead to my face, my rapid breathing was still in a dream. My hands clenched the white cloth between my fists, staring at the gray smoke of the blown candles. The daylight entering softly indicated that it was late afternoon, while the bell at the foot of my bed was ringing insistently and scratching my brain.

I tried to get out of bed quickly between my breaths and straightened the skirts of my dress. When I went to the rope near the bell and pulled it several times, the ringing stopped. As I was slowly coming out of the dream, I took my hand to my wet cheeks and sniffed hard, trying to recover quickly. Another fact struck me as I was completely calmed down.

Judging by the time of day, I woke up too late, and waking up so late on the first day of my job was a reason for me to be fired. On top of that, the person who ran the bell was the Count I served and probably wanted something. How long has this bell been ringing? How long have I slept?